Olaplex with tint and highlights?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gem Salisbury

Reaction score
Hi. ..I'm just trialing olaplex out on myself.
What is the correct mixing procedure? I normally have half head foils with 12%powder bleach then 60mls of tint on the rest with 6%.powder measurement will be 0.8oz (1 scoop )
Thanks for any advice!

They have an app download that all the faq's will be on there.

But just a question why do you use bleach and 12% in foils?

They have an app download that all the faq's will be on there.

But just a question why do you use bleach and 12% in foils?
I need that amount of lift as my hair is stubborn to lift

Each to their own but you would get a lot nicer colour going in with a lower % and leaving it on for longer there really should be no need to use 12%, in foils especially, even working on the dark side your 3,4,5 I would only ever use 9% in a foil x

Thanks for your kind advice. ..but I've been in the business for 26years. I know my hair better than anyone plus I have time restrictions that I can't be sat in my own salon chair for more than 2 hours every 6 weeks as I'm always so booked up and so are my team .Thanks anyway tho

Back to the question you asked either download the app or use the search facility on here or go on the website but most people that has used it with bleach it has affected processing time :)

Thanks for your kind advice. ..but I've been in the business for 26years. I know my hair better than anyone plus I have time restrictions that I can't be sat in my own salon chair for more than 2 hours every 6 weeks as I'm always so booked up and so are my team .Thanks anyway tho
Olaplex makes the development time longer & you have to leave number 2 on for at least 10 mins, it also puts the developer down one level so your actually getting the power of a 9%

To answer your question you need 7.5 ml per bowl of bleach

All things considered timing wise you way as well not bother with olaplex really, you know better than Lauren after 26 years that 40vol in foils is fine as it is :)

Good luck with your trial :)

Another thing a why do you sit around in the salon getting your hair done for more than 2 hours? I just get my foils put in after work & go home and wash it off

Olaplex makes the development time longer & you have to leave number 2 on for at least 10 mins, it also puts the developer down one level so your actually getting the power of a 9%

To answer your question you need 7.5 ml per bowl of bleach

All things considered timing wise you way as well not bother with olaplex really, you know better than Lauren after 26 years that 40vol in foils is fine as it is :)

Good luck with your trial :)

Probably a silly question but if I was to do a big bowl of bleach say 60 mils of of 9 % and 2 scoops of bleach would I need to double the dose. So 15 mils of number 1 or would I still use the same amount?

Yes, otherwise you'd be diluting the Olaplex.

Sorry do you mean use the same amount? Or double it?

Sorry do you mean use the same amount? Or double it?

Double it.

Just think of it like diluting juice drinks. Imagine adding 10ml of black currant squash to a 200ml glass of water. What would happen if you added the same 10ml to 400 ml of water instead? It would taste really weak.

Thank you. I thought that was the case. I just thought the rep from Aston and fincher had said to use the same amount, so made me question it.
Thank you x
Might have misunderstood.

Latest posts

Back