Olaplex

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope you don't know her personally lol🙈

Me? Haha, no.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using SalonGeek mobile app

What site are we talking about? PM me

Olaplex sent me a email on Monday saying they are working hard to launch in the first quarter of 2015 😻

Yes, pm me too

Olaplex sent me a email on Monday saying they are working hard to launch in the first quarter of 2015 😻

We have 6 days of the first quarter left!

My email also said by april! I didnt rate the app was slow and confusing!. I really want to know the science behind it!

Kind Regards, Ellis :)

I heared it's late April it's coming out

I wonder what the hold up is? Just seems to be getting later and later in the year. I'm so impatient! 😊

Hmm.... Now I have questions....

:) 1st one is I get that when lightening there is a little damage to the disulphide bonds... Not much, there can't possibly be much or we'd have to use nutraliser afterwards (as in when we use perm lotion we break the disulphide bonds then use nutraliser to reform them) so what about when darkening hair? I only recently found out there is any damage to the disulphide bonds when lightening as I previously thought lightner diddnt affect those areas, so does darkening hair break bonds? If not then what bonds are we repairing with olaplex?

I keep thinking on a scientific level that olaplex is either a nutraliser like perm stuff or just a heavy conditioning treatment?

That's number 1 :)

Jumping in if you all don't mind. I also have a question. They told me it's not a protein, but I'm wondering if it mimics a protein.

Number 2.... If it works to dissipate oxygen whilst forming new structures of bonds I understand why we have to up the developer (weakening the strength by filtering out some of the thousands of oxygen released) so how come it dosent weaken darkening colouring?

For example.. When using a low % peroxide or colour releaser (in standard generic form less than 3% so less than 10,000 oxygen being released) in general the weaker peroxide creates a less permanant tone in the hair (as in tone on tone enhancer etc)

Are we not diluting say a 3% to less therefore not getting a decent lasting hold?

Jumping in if you all don't mind. I also have a question. They told me it's not a protein, but I'm wondering if it mimics a protein.

Its got to have some relation to protein. The disulphides are long chains of protein found in protein filaments (hair). Keratin is the fibrous protein that hair is mostly made up of, in order for olaplex to strengthen the protein made up disulphide it has to have some protein derivative i would imagine.

Number 2.... If it works to dissipate oxygen whilst forming new structures of bonds I understand why we have to up the developer (weakening the strength by filtering out some of the thousands of oxygen released) so how come it dosent weaken darkening colouring?

For example.. When using a low % peroxide or colour releaser (in standard generic form less than 3% so less than 10,000 oxygen being released) in general the weaker peroxide creates a less permanant tone in the hair (as in tone on tone enhancer etc)

Are we not diluting say a 3% to less therefore not getting a decent lasting hold?

It could be down to the fact when darkening we aren't attempting to solubilise and dissolve any melanin/colour pigment?

So we know its easier to darken than it is to lighten, the melanin granules are slowly dissolved when we lighten hair through the oxidation so it possibly slows down that oxidation giving us a slower lift so we up the developer and that'll obviously take it up to normal speed? I dont know... Maybe we need some serious talks with olaplex!

Also, they say not to up the developer for high lift blonde tint. To me that's a real head scratcher.

🙇💆 most definatley!? We use double peroxide for these too!

Also, they say not to up the developer for high lift blonde tint. To me that's a real head scratcher.

Really? I was told to always up the developer? Seems to be a lot of conflicting advice and although I know Olaplex themselves state that they are taking on board feedback of people's experiences trying various methods, surely there should be some rights and wrongs?! 😳 Im confused ha! 🙈

Latest posts

Back