Ombré and loose perm

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charberry

Reaction score
Hey hair geeks!

I've just hoped over from the nail forum in the hope you can help.

I've got natural dark brown hair and would like to get it ombre'd a few shades lighter on the mids/ends.

I don't want to be bleach or yellow blonde and I don't like red/orange tones so any help in the kind of colour I should us to describe this to my stylist would be great - maybe light brown to ash blonde?

I also think this looks great when loosely waved and when I was googling I saw that you can now get a loose wave perm? But not if you have had your hair dyed?

If I was to have the loose perm can you literally wash and go and have nice curls/waves or does it still need a nice blowdry?

I'm looking for a really nice, daily low maintenance style but it's a huge change so a bit scared...

Here is a picture of how I would love it to look:

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1380817831.479331.jpg

Perms dry out your hair so colouring + perming I would say no.. If you just decide to perm they can go curlierthan than expected and they are normally frizzier from drying out the hair so it won't be soft loose waves.. I would invest in a ghd and curl with that then brush the curls out.. It's effort but better than a permernant curl you straighten out

Perms dry out your hair so colouring + perming I would say no.. If you just decide to perm they can go curlierthan than expected and they are normally frizzier from drying out the hair so it won't be soft loose waves.. I would invest in a ghd and curl with that then brush the curls out.. It's effort but better than a permernant curl you straighten out

Thank you :) I've already got ghd's which I would normally use to curl so I'll stick with that :D

Anyone got any ideas about the colour? :)

Get them to cut a peice out and see how it lifts I think the colour will look good x

Hey hair geeks!

I've just hoped over from the nail forum in the hope you can help.

I've got natural dark brown hair and would like to get it ombre'd a few shades lighter on the mids/ends.

I don't want to be bleach or yellow blonde and I don't like red/orange tones so any help in the kind of colour I should us to describe this to my stylist would be great - maybe light brown to ash blonde?

I also think this looks great when loosely waved and when I was googling I saw that you can now get a loose wave perm? But not if you have had your hair dyed?

If I was to have the loose perm can you literally wash and go and have nice curls/waves or does it still need a nice blowdry?

I'm looking for a really nice, daily low maintenance style but it's a huge change so a bit scared...

Here is a picture of how I would love it to look:

View attachment 44455

Hi Charlotte, a lot depends on your hair type and its history. It is possible to perm coloured hair or colour permed hair, an experienced hairdresser should be able to do both while choosing the correct lotion to suit your requirements. Dont be put off, ask for a consultation in a recommended salon. It will however depends on your hair condition as i said. X

Latest posts

Back