Ombré correction

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickiemma

Reaction score
Hello geeks!
I do a lot of advertising in Facebook, iv just had a lady who I have never met or worked on ask if she could come to the salon and have her colour fixed (obviously il do skin/strand test) before I work on her.
Apparantly she had her hair coloured yesterday and us distraught, she normally has a subtle blend but feels it's now dip dyed with no blend, she has sent me a pic of her hair (il attach) just looking for abit of advice on how to blend it more? Obviously iv not seen it in reality as yet, I think it actually looks quite nice but there isn't a blend to it.... Iv thought of darkening the blonde to maybe a 7, or putting a few h/l through the dark, just another view on it would be good x ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1425200146.523985.jpg

I would bring some of the blond up and smudge some of he dark down . In V shapes

She's just sent me this saying this is how she wanted it ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1425200967.364547.jpg

I would bring some of the blond up and smudge some of he dark down . In V shapes

She has said now she doesn't want any more blonde but wants to get rid of the line, I personally don't think the dark has been taken low enough so has made it appear more like roots than an ombré. She's going to come in the week for a skin test and then Saturday for the colour so obviously il be able to see it better then x

You could put some low lights through the top section to create a blend. It looks like she wants the darker lower down according to the second picture. I sometimes take vertical sections when painting he root and paint different lengths to break it up x

You could put some low lights through the top section to create a blend. It looks like she wants the darker lower down according to the second picture. I sometimes take vertical sections when painting he root and paint different lengths to break it up x

That's what I was thinking, she's now considering extensions! I get the feeling she hates what she's had done! X

Maybe a 7 or 8 mid lengths shaped into a v at the back would work?? That way she with keep root colour and blond ends but also have mid length blend??

Sent from my ST26i using SalonGeek mobile app

Maybe a 7 or 8 mid lengths shaped into a v at the back would work?? That way she with keep root colour and blond ends but also have mid length blend??

Can I ask what you mean by v shape? Always trying to find new ways x

Lol. Nothing technical. Just in the picture she wants, the blonde placed higher near her face and lower at the back. So rather than a solid line all the way round I would bring the dark lower as I got to the back, not so it's a solid v shape but just as a guide. Does that make sense?? I may not be explaining it very well.

I think you should do a proper ombrè technique not just dragging colours down and covering up or doing woven foils, take horizontal 1cm thick sections and backcomb, apply lightener in a feathering way to the hair that isn't already lightened, cover with foil.. Do that throughout the whole head.. Whilst in every 2/3 foils use a level 8 colour with an ashy tone to just tone the overall look, and apply the dark/root colour to the backcombed parts

Lol. Nothing technical. Just in the picture she wants, the blonde placed higher near her face and lower at the back. So rather than a solid line all the way round I would bring the dark lower as I got to the back, not so it's a solid v shape but just as a guide. Does that make sense?? I may not be explaining it very well.

Lol, I thought you ment sectioning hair into a v xx

Haha. No I just can't explain it very well lol.

Last edited:
I think you should do a proper ombrè technique not just dragging colours down and covering up or doing woven foils, take horizontal 1cm thick sections and backcomb, apply lightener in a feathering way to the hair that isn't already lightened, cover with foil.. Do that throughout the whole head.. Whilst in every 2/3 foils use a level 8 colour with an ashy tone to just tone the overall look, and apply the dark/root colour to the backcombed parts

Can you apply colour to backcombed hair?

I would bring the blond up and the brown down I would use prelightner and put them in triangular sections and paint it on in v shape patern

Then I would put a toner on to blend it all togather and kill some of the brassyniss

Here is a photo of a correction one that I did hope it helps hope my message is explained ok I'm new to this. It won't let me upload my photos :mad:
Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
Can you apply colour to backcombed hair?

Yes! I always do my ombrè's like how I described.. I'll attach pics ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1425243848.674968.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1425243863.356538.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1425243923.648452.jpg

Beautiful work tom! So basically start again with it? I hate correcting other peoples work, don't know why because obviously it's a great thing to do and keeps them coming back to you, guess it's something to do with not knowing what they precious salon has used, how the hair will lift up etc and obviously everyone uses different techniques. Much prefere a blank canvas! X

Sorry tom re read your previous post.

Haha it's okay! So basically I start at the nape, take about a 1&1/2cm thick section, and drop the half cm part. Backcomb the 1cm part, start feathering the lightener about 5/6 inches away from the root, saturating the ends and then foil, leaving all of the backcombed part visible.

Work right from the nape straight up through the parting and to the forehead..

Then repeat on the sides!

After you've done that, go through and apply root colour to everything left out!

This is great for doing it on top of blonde!! Then you can switch up formulas inside the foils, some you could do conditioner, another an 8/38 and another a 10/38 etc., you get the hang of it after a few goes!

Latest posts

Back