Ombre colour help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisalockshair

Reaction score
Hello my client natural base 6 wants to go from bleached ends with crazy colour turquoise on to ombre very vibrant red/copper fading to bleached blonde on the ends.. I was after ideas of the best ways to go about this.. I thought maybe dye the top and midlength a majirouge red/copper while bleaching out the ends a bit.. wash of and dry and then ombre the ends using bleach the teasing technique to create the ombre effect..what do people think.. any advice welcome! I have pictures but I dont know how you add them on here?

Hi,
If this was me I would take a strand test of the turquoise and try cleansing this out first or see how much it lifts just using the bleach and see the damage done after. I wouldn't bleach it out then go in with bleach again.
If the turquoise removes ok with cleansing I would first cleanse the turquoise out to see what blonde/ colour you are left with underneath and then I would start my ombré, desired shade on roots, fading into the transition colour usually 1-2 shades lighter and then faded into the bleach / lightener/ toner

Your not going to be able to do mids red and the end light blonde.
The red will run through no matter what and turn it a little pink!

Your not going to be able to do mids red and the end light blonde.
The red will run through no matter what and turn it a little pink!
Thanks this is the pic she has shown me https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/562950022151324984/
i have bought majirouge 5.60 to blend/fade into midlengths 6.64, then try and bleach up the ends and see what happens.. If it turns the green doesnt budge or looks weird what would you suggest ? I have never done colour melting before... any tips also welcome! should be interesting!

Hi,
If this was me I would take a strand test of the turquoise and try cleansing this out first or see how much it lifts just using the bleach and see the damage done after. I wouldn't bleach it out then go in with bleach again.
If the turquoise removes ok with cleansing I would first cleanse the turquoise out to see what blonde/ colour you are left with underneath and then I would start my ombré, desired shade on roots, fading into the transition colour usually 1-2 shades lighter and then faded into the bleach / lightener/ toner
Thanks..
Thanks this is the pic she has shown me https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/562950022151324984/
i have bought majirouge 5.60 to blend/fade into midlengths 6.64, then try and bleach up the ends and see what happens.. If it turns the green doesnt budge or looks weird what would you suggest ? I have never done colour melting before... any tips also welcome! should be interesting!

Thanks..

I knew which girl this would be without even looking at the picture ha.
I would personally fade the 5 into a 7 so maybe 7.43/ 7.44 if it was me then to the bleach, I think 6.64 into bleach won't be the look you want.
If the green doesn't budge at all you would have to consider how light it is and what tones would neutralise it and cover it.
I wouldn't attempt this colour until I knew what would happen with the green

Let her know the ends might not be as light as that picture.
You need to bleach her a couple of times using Olaplex of course.

I knew which girl this would be without even looking at the picture ha.
I would personally fade the 5 into a 7 so maybe 7.43/ 7.44 if it was me then to the bleach, I think 6.64 into bleach won't be the look you want.
If the green doesn't budge at all you would have to consider how light it is and what tones would neutralise it and cover it.
I wouldn't attempt this colour until I knew what would happen with the green
hmmm thanks.. im recently qualified and this is on a friend who knows its helping me to learn. so she is game!.. i will get a 7 then.. she is quite flexible about the look.. just based around that type of thing (obviously not green!) if the green sticks what would you recommend to tone.. a peachy pink or copper?

Let her know the ends might not be as light as that picture.
You need to bleach her a couple of times using Olaplex of course.
thanks yeah she is fully aware that this might not turn out as the pic! x

I love that ombre! Tone the green with a clear mix with 6% after the whole service, the red that runs off whilst doing your ombre will help towards the neutralizing anyway, if you use bleach it will push the green further in, after you've used the clear which should clean up the blonde if it doesn't use a little copper but do clear first, good luck please post pics .

Latest posts

Back