Ombre on bleached hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lauriewilliams

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I'm doing ombre on a client with bleached hair.
I plan to pre pig with ct 7/75
Then apply 66/0 mixed with 6/73 to apply the darker colour.

Her ends are pretty creamy so she wants to leave them the colour they already are.

What can I apply to the mid lengths and ends to avoid the dark colour which has been applied to the root and combed down, running into or bleeding into the blonde hair? Conditioner? Toner?

Help!

Thanks x

Sorry don't have the answer but I'm interested lol. Only ever done an ombré by changing the end colour not in reverse so keeping my eye on this thread!

EmmaLou @BonitaBeauty

Could you use conditioner on some ends then on others use 8/3 so your still adding gold with pastel?x

Possibly - don't think she wanted her ends as dark as an 8/ - maybe 9/3 ?? Would her ends need pre pigging if I went down to an 8/3 though??? As she has bleached hair at mo xxx

Sorry I meant the 8/3 as a mid colour as you'd put she wanted her ends the creamy blonde,thought if you did your dark then into a 8 then conditioner on ends,I just back comb the ends and paint roots and drag down as far as regrowth wanted x

I have just done it with the dark colour then left clients ends as already light,I've used back combing technique and the conditioner on ends sorry I'm prob baffling ha x

Ok that's great I shall condition most of ends and back comb, and use 8/3 on a few sections to add some Extra gold. Will I need to pre pig the mid lengths also before apply 8/3 xx

I wouldn't as got the gold in there and only depending to an 8,but maybe it's best to so it doesn't fade quickly x

I would put your pre pig in with tint for this will be a lot easier
And yes you would need to pre pig with a level 8
I would do a hot crossed bun apply tint then let the hair down in slices staring at the nape and paint on your tint from root down to roughly were you want it using a sweeping motion when you get to your dicinnection of colours then use conditiona in ur ends but also sweep this up into your darker colour then place a foam wrap over the top and nice onto the next section until you have covered the head hope this all makes sense just another way of doing it when ur doing reverse it's very hard and messy to back comb the hair once you applied tint lol if you was just doing the ends then yes back comb but I do mine this way when I'm darkening the top but I do mine free hand or with a spatular there so many dif ways of doing it it differs with me with dif clients I have so many ombré/balayage is be bored to deaf if u stuck to one tecnique hope this helps you Hun I think you find this way easier to do if you Dnt do a lot of ombrés good luck x

Too much gold in bleach can go abit khaki so maybe add a dash of copper? X

I would put your pre pig in with tint for this will be a lot easier
And yes you would need to pre pig with a level 8
I would do a hot crossed bun apply tint then let the hair down in slices staring at the nape and paint on your tint from root down to roughly were you want it using a sweeping motion when you get to your dicinnection of colours then use conditiona in ur ends but also sweep this up into your darker colour then place a foam wrap over the top and nice onto the next section until you have covered the head hope this all makes sense just another way of doing it when ur doing reverse it's very hard and messy to back comb the hair once you applied tint lol if you was just doing the ends then yes back comb but I do mine this way when I'm darkening the top but I do mine free hand or with a spatular there so many dif ways of doing it it differs with me with dif clients I have so many ombré/balayage is be bored to deaf if u stuck to one tecnique hope this helps you Hun I think you find this way easier to do if you Dnt do a lot of ombrés good luck x

Thanks babe, ok so I'm putting my colour touch in with the koleston tint?
All sounds pretty good with how to apply it. Hope it goes ok now!!!

No probs Hun but what do you mean by putting your ct in with koleston? X

Well you mentioned putting my pre pig in with my tint. So I plan to pre pig with colour touch but then colour the hair with koleston, unless u suggest colouring the hair with semi? so I wasn't sure whether you were saying to put my pre pig (ct) in with my koleston tint x

You can't mix colour touch and koleston why don't you pre pig with perfecton x

You could use clynol as there brilliance and viton ranges can be mixed ... two birds one stone :biggrin:

Could I put a wella special mix in with my koleston tint?

So I'm looking to apply 66/0 and 7/73 mixed as an ombre on top
Of bleached hair.... So what special mix would I need? 0/33 ?

Xxxx

You don't need 66/0 as the hair is previously coloured. 66/0 is for difficult to colour, resistant hair. Previously bleached hair you can treat as pre-softened so I reckon it would come out a tad too dark IMHO.

Post a pic after won't you? Xx

Phil xxx

Latest posts

Back