Ombre on darker hair? Help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lillyjayjay

Reaction score
Hi all I have a client with a base 3 maybe 4, she's wanting ombre to as blonde but doesn't want it to look gingery. What would people suggest? She has had a box dye on previously, will do a test cutting tomorrow to see how it lifts
Many thanks xx

You need to be realistic and upfront to start with. Its not going to go straight to a clean blond and may never lift that much. Would she not be happy with caramel and tone it after. As im prettt certain you with not lift it clean enough from box dye.

I agree with jade. How did it lift on your strand test?
If possible, offer olaplex. Just make your client aware that to achieve this, it may be an ongoing process to keep the condition of your hair at a good state whilst lifting. Use a toner if needed to kill the warmth whilst you reach desired result & also recommend regular glossing treatments. I always advise my clients to leave bleaching appointments at least 2 weeks apart.

I agree with jade. How did it lift on your strand test?
If possible, offer olaplex. Just make your client aware that to achieve this, it may be an ongoing process to keep the condition of your hair at a good state whilst lifting. Use a toner if needed to kill the warmth whilst you reach desired result & also recommend regular glossing treatments. I always advise my clients to leave bleaching appointments at least 2 weeks apart.
My hair dresser always leaves mine 6! I feel cheated hahaha

I always recommend six weeks [emoji85]

Well obviously I recommend six weeks or to leave it as long as they possibly can! But if we are aiming for a goal (and my client is impatient/excited) I will advise to leave it for at least 2! (Using olaplex every time and/or using home treatment) x
7B60226B-5D73-4DA9-83B5-D126B22AC0EB.jpeg

Okay I was just saying so that other person didn't think her hairdresser was taking liberties [emoji849]

Okay I was just saying so that other person didn't think her hairdresser was taking liberties [emoji849]
I’m a naughty hairdresser in denial :D:p

I'm not impatient by any means when I was going from dark box dyed brown to blonde I was very brassy for a VERY LONG ETERNAL TIME arghhh! But I never had any breakage because she made me wait so long in between bleaching so I'm grateful <3

Latest posts

Back