Ombre to red violet

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreamylocks

Reaction score
I have a lady who has previous Ombre hair she now want s to go bright red / purple. She is very dark naturally at a level 4 I would say, so about 2 inch of regrowth. Then level 6/7 mid shaft to level 8 ends of hair.

I want to use a rush 7/RV and 6/RV plus 30 developer to lift her natural. Then the same mixture with 3% over the rest. To finish a semi red magenta colour to wash off with .

Does this sound poss ? I haven't done many red clients yet. I only passed in November.

Rusk*

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Reds are so much fun! I don't use rusk, but what tone is present in the 6/7 sections? Also, would you be using permanent color on the previously colored hair.? Would demi be an option.? If it was, I'd go with that.

As far as using the semi goes, I've heard this helps prevent fading, but you'd have to let it process a while at room temperature in order for it to have much of an effect. It sounds like you plan on using more as a toner. I personally don't think there would be much point.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using SalonGeek mobile app

It was a ash but it must have faded out by the look of her hair now. And I will be lifting her new growth hair with the permanent colour... will this be ok, I'm just worried it might not lift as much as I want. I could use a demi on the ends but the rusk demis really don't last long at all.

Latest posts

Back