Online booking systems?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nevergivingup

Reaction score
which do you use?

Isalon. There is a book online button for each salon on my website. Works fine.

I use Salonlite - it's free and currently does what I need it to do. It's been very useful and I would be more likely to upgrade to one I need to pay for now should the need arise.

With these cloud based systems, can I back the data up to a local machine in a format that can be read, such as excel?

hi

We have previously used checkappointments.com which is basic but now use clickbook.net which is £12.95 per month

With these cloud based systems, can I back the data up to a local machine in a format that can be read, such as excel?

I guess that would depend on the system in question, but it does sound like a very good idea! Shame there isn't a common format for being able to import/export from salon booking systems, as that would make it a lot easier for people to switch between systems where necessary. Especially with the recession, when you're a bit stuffed if your salon software company goes bust!

Hi Ruth,

That's part of the point, there are a lot of these systems popping up and they all can't survive in the marketplace.
We are at risk of your supplier being bought out by another and then being charged more for the service, or worst still, them going bump and losing all your client details etc.

Even if you have managed to back it up, if you can't read the data without their programme, you're "in the jungle without your Gellish", lol
and nobody wants that!!!!!!

It's basically just a database, so come on industry peeps, give us what we want, not what makes you the most profit and holds us to ransom.

M x

Hi Ruth,

That's part of the point, there are a lot of these systems popping up and they all can't survive in the marketplace.
We are at risk of your supplier being bought out by another and then being charged more for the service, or worst still, them going bump and losing all your client details etc.

Even if you have managed to back it up, if you can't read the data without their programme, you're "in the jungle without your Gellish", lol
and nobody wants that!!!!!!

It's basically just a database, so come on industry peeps, give us what we want, not what makes you the most profit and holds us to ransom.

M x

Yes, the database will be a central part of any salon software system. Probably the most appropriate export format would be XML (with a well-defined schema), or perhaps even JSON (again with a well-documented schema). I guess some software companies might object to doing that, because it's putting a fair bit of their underlying design in the open, making it easier for someone to "reverse engineer" a system based on their data model.

i use inaa.com its amazing customers love it its so quick

Latest posts

Back