Online bookings

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxhaylzxx

Reaction score
So this week I took the plunge and decided to use ovatu and finally switch to a booking system. I'm slowly getting the hang of it and clients are loving it so far. I've been toying with the idea of people being able to book online, which as I work alone would save me time booking them in myself. But my question is can you make it so only your existing clients can book in? I'm worried if it's open to everyone then I may get some not so genuine bookings? And I really don't want to have to implement a deposit or booking fee as of yet. I'm going to book on their training eventually for these kind of things but I'm not able to just yet.

Thanks x

So this week I took the plunge and decided to use ovatu and finally switch to a booking system. I'm slowly getting the hang of it and clients are loving it so far. I've been toying with the idea of people being able to book online, which as I work alone would save me time booking them in myself. But my question is can you make it so only your existing clients can book in? I'm worried if it's open to everyone then I may get some not so genuine bookings? And I really don't want to have to implement a deposit or booking fee as of yet. I'm going to book on their training eventually for these kind of things but I'm not able to just yet.

Thanks x
Yes you can tick a box in the clients details meaning they can book online. It's automatically ticked so you'd need to untick it. However if you have a link on your website or Facebook page there's nothing to stop new clients using it. Have you joined the Facebook group? Pete, the trainer/owner is very active on there and you can get answers quickly.

I have never implemented a deposit and very rarely get people buggering me about. I've had online booking for about 5 years now and still get a buzz when I wake up and find clients old and new have done a lot of the hard work for me. With ovatu they can also cancel their own appointments and rebook. Its been fantastic for us.

Vic x

I didn't realise there was a Facebook group. Is it an actual group or a like page? I will definitely check this out.

Ah that's brill I'm going to have a play about with the online booking option this weekend. Thank you [emoji3]

It's a closed group. Just request addition and you'll get added x

Hi there, it's Pete from Ovatu in the UK here I just thought ID pop a quick message up here and let you know that we offer full training and support so if you need any help setting up the online booking system or adding it to your Facebook page or website please feel free to let me know and we can arrange a quick session for you and help you all the way through.

Thank you I have just joined the Facebook group and will be in touch to arrange some sessions :) loving it so far!

Thank you I have just joined the Facebook group and will be in touch to arrange some sessions :) loving it so far!
Excellent if you need any help at all we are here to help.

Latest posts

Back