Open Day

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rubydooby

Reaction score
Hi all,
I run my own beauty therapy business in a hair salon. me and the hair team all opened up here in march, and its going well. but seeing as the recession doesnt seem to be going away very soon, have decided to do an opening evening to boost our customer base.
Me and the girls are tryin to have a brain storm to think of idea's for what to do on the open evening for both the hair side and beauty.
Any idea's would be very greatful.
thanks
xx

How about a raffle where everyone who books a treatment that day gets their name put in a hat & whoevers name is pulled out wins a luxury treatment - maybe hair & a massage?

Whenever I've done these events we have done 15 minute tester treatments, normally back/neck/shoulder massage with clothes on (using one of those table top head rests, on site chair or pillows), nail tide & varnish, mini reflexology/foot massage, a paraffin wax conditioning hand treatment. I've also done demonstrations of non-surgical face-lifts etc & short talks on reflexology, nail care, looking after your skin etc, which gives a chance to show your knowledge. You could also do a make-up masterclass perhaps?

If you've got lots of samples/testers, what about putting them in a room with some bowls & sponges to demonstrate how to get the most out of their products at home - everyone loves playing with & trying products!

i dont know what skincare range you use but sometimes the reps are willing to come to an open evening to help push their sales of the skincare and also promote the treatments. They usually do this free of charge and will often bring samples and other bits and bobs with them to help promote the brand.
We were planning an open evening last year and our rep was going to do this for us and had loads of fab ideas (however they were quite local to us so obviously easier for them to arrange)
xXx

hiya,
I did an open day just befor xmas and it worked a treat.
I sent out postcards to all exitsing clients,flyers through letter boxes and posters around various clubs,shops etc.
My main incentive to get ppl in on the night was a 10% discount for December for anybody that made a booking that evening.
I also did mini hand/arm masage,lash tinting filepolish/nail art etc demos to gain interest.
A free goody bag also went down well :lol:
hth

Latest posts

Back