Open pores

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julia-Anne

Reaction score
Is there anything that can be done for an open pore caused by electrolysis years ago? I'm not hopeful! Once over stretched there's little recovery.

Thanks Julia Anne

Do you mean that the electrolysis has scarred your skin? Open pores are normally caused by excess oil production from the pore itself, hence oily skin tends to be more coarse (open pores), but I am sure you know that already :) I've had photo rejuvenation which can help with scarring and open pores and worked well for me. Or you could try retin-A from your Dr which may help.

The best cosmetic cover up for open pores is DR. Brandt, Pore No More. You get it from Space NK. Completely fills in open pores. I couldn't live without it!

Quite often microdermabrasion and or chemical peels can improve the texture of your skin and make open pores less noticable.

Now, I think this could be an old wives tale but if you apply milk of magnesia to the skin, it has a tightening effect on open pores, wether there is actually any truth in it remains to be seen but worth a go

Latest posts

Back