Opening a Nail Salon in USA

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdnaples

Reaction score
Hi All
I'm new to the Biz forum and since Salon Geek attracts professionals and newbies from all over the world, hopefully someone can help me here?

I am looking to open a Nail Salon in USA and wondered if there were any USA salon owners on here that can give me adivce on what it takes to open a nail salon in Florida?

I am a qualified Nail Tech and Hairdresser although I am not licensed in USA as a hairdresser, I did all my training and did have my own hairdressing biz in UK many years ago.
I am focusing on Nails with the likeyhood that i will do some beauty courses in USA to add to nails. So my interest is to open a nail salon in Florida.
I need to know the requirements for being a salon owner.

Do i need the following:

Public Liability Insurance - a must :)
Trading license ?
Nail Tech license - a must :)

I do NOT intend to employee staff as i am looking to rent out nail tables so that the nail techs are self employed.
I have sourced a place to rent and in the middle of the biz plan at the moment.

I'm hoping someone can tell me what is all needed.

Any advice is much appreciated :)

Thank you for that info. I will check it out ! :)
I do have my Nail License for the State of Florida. I am ever hopeful that an American Nail Salon Owner can give advice on everything else i will need to pursue my Biz further. Meantime...I will have a good read :)

Thanks Again :)

Latest posts

Back