Opening a tanning salon!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fayebate/tanning.

Reaction score
new to salon geek! I am in the process of starting a business. A shop has become available on a small square full of the usual shops a supermarket a chemist off-licence Indian/Chinese restaurant ect... there is a demand for a salon in the area most people have been put off by the price of the lease, but I believe there is huge potential. I'm hoping to start with 3 sun beds, one chair and hair station for me to do hair, and have my business partner running the sun beds/ reception. Have you guys got any advice for starting a new business, insurance? Things to be aware of? I'm also hoping to offer spray tanning can you recommend any brands? Can I do a day course? I'd like to give my clients the opitunity to purchase the same brand products to take home. All this advice is hugely appreciated!!

You will need salon insurance try salon gold or the guild. You need different power sockets for sunbeds so you will need an electrician to sort that out don't expect to make a load of money from the sunbeds the maintenance costs quite a bit. All spray tanning courses are one day do whichever is closest to you then you can choose which spray tan solution to use. LA tanning is a brilliant company and there starter kits are really good priced. Just remember, you wont make loads of money straight away. It generally takes about 3 year for a new business to start making money. Good luck xx

thank you so much for your advice, will I need different insurance to cover my hairdressing and another for the sun beds? Or do most companies cover both? Thank you for all of that it's really helpful xx

If you phone them they will sort it out for you to make sure you are covered for everything you are offering. They will modify it to suit you so you dont end up paying for things you don't need xx

You will need salon insurance try salon gold or the guild. You need different power sockets for sunbeds so you will need an electrician to sort that out don't expect to make a load of money from the sunbeds the maintenance costs quite a bit. All spray tanning courses are one day do whichever is closest to you then you can choose which spray tan solution to use. LA tanning is a brilliant company and there starter kits are really good priced. Just remember, you wont make loads of money straight away. It generally takes about 3 year for a new business to start making money. Good luck xx

Hiya Honey,

I used Norvel and the colour was lovely! The only thing I don't like is it takes 8 hours but I might still use it on clients. I trialed MT Original for 2 hours and it was gorgeous, highly pigmented too!

Hiya Honey,

I used Norvel and the colour was lovely! The only thing I don't like is it takes 8 hours but I might still use it on clients. I trialed MT Original for 2 hours and it was gorgeous, highly pigmented too!
Where did you buy the Norvel?

new to salon geek! I am in the process of starting a business. A shop has become available on a small square full of the usual shops a supermarket a chemist off-licence Indian/Chinese restaurant ect... there is a demand for a salon in the area most people have been put off by the price of the lease, but I believe there is huge potential. I'm hoping to start with 3 sun beds, one chair and hair station for me to do hair, and have my business partner running the sun beds/ reception. Have you guys got any advice for starting a new business, insurance? Things to be aware of? I'm also hoping to offer spray tanning can you recommend any brands? Can I do a day course? I'd like to give my clients the opitunity to purchase the same brand products to take home. All this advice is hugely appreciated!!

Hiya, if you would like to discuss any tanning equipment in detail please feel free to drop me a message

Hi. Just wanted to wish you all the best in your proposed new business.
Things to look out for are lengthy contracts with services such as BT or any other suppliers were you are locked into payment for 18 - 24 months or longer. It may look good at the time but just be careful that you don't overstretch yourself and goodness forbid that things do not work out you will still be liable for these payments until the contract ends. Sorry to seem sour but we have seen this happen. Make sure you have a good business plan and several streams of income, which from your post you are already thinking about.
If you want to try our samples just let us know and we do wish you every success for the future

Latest posts

Back