Opening up mid September

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

g.lo

Reaction score
hi all,

I am opening my salon mid september, i will be renting a room in a hairdressser. it was not in my plan to open a salon this year, but circumstance (lost my job in july) made it happens. I had only put everything together since july ( product to use, name of the salon, sort out training...), it has been very stressful.
My dilemma is, i am starting from scratch, i don't have a client base as all my old client are far away due to the fact i used to work 45miles from home( how dedicated:lol:). i want to hold a opening party but i don't know anybody. what are you thoughts about this? shall I just do leaflet drops and go ahead with the opening date without a party?

thanks

I would got full steam a head to get bums on seats, in my experience Launch Parties tend to be mainly for the freinds and families of the biz owner. SO if you can get friends and families there all the better makes you look busy and popular!! lol

Think about the client profile you want to attract and target them, I used to do special offers for local Estate Agents, Holiday Agents......and bar workers, basically cos these type of people meet people all the time and will happily promote you.

Leaflet drops, notices in shops.............free interent sites, facebook groups and myspace you can target people in your area......

I have done an offer before on our launch weekend in York where all treatments booked that day were 50% off, everyone knows this is a proper bargain!! Keeps you booked up for the month, ok so your doing treatments half price but your getting bums on seats, and a chance to prove yourself and get those clients running back for more and spreading the word about the fab new salon in town!

HTH

PS I will come on your opening day!!

Last edited:
thank you Toni, made me feel already better! I will unofficially open on the 15th and then pick a launching day after the 24th( my last product training is on the 24th). Although this was not in my short term plan, but i am a strong bgeliever that things happens for a reason:lol:!

Hi

I think you should def get leaflets done, drop them locally to where your salon is and also when the schools so back in sept stamd outside the gates at the end of the day and hand some out to the mums and tell them about the launch party, then you can work your way from there with other avdertising.

Hi

I think you should def get leaflets done, drop them locally to where your salon is and also when the schools so back in sept stamd outside the gates at the end of the day and hand some out to the mums and tell them about the launch party, then you can work your way from there with other avdertising.

Hi peeps :)

I think the standing outside the school gate is a fab idea and if ok, I'm gonna nick that one, he, he!

I just lost my job too, so that's kinda forced my hand as well but new doors, everything for a reason, etc, etc. Onwards and upwards and you were dedicated weren't you?! 45 miles! Good luck with your business g.lo, we're all gonna need it :)

xx

to be honnest, i don't know how i did manage to leave without salongeeks:green:! yep, the school idea is brilliant, and there is quite a bunch of private schools in solihull as well!

Oh im glad i could be of help to you with that idea. x
Hope it goes well for you both. x

Latest posts

Back