OPI certificates

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EllenHyuga

Beauty Therapist
Reaction score
I got my gel and mani/pedi certificates through today. I'm actually really disappointed in them. It's probably nothing and something really trivial, but they look like something anyone can print off a pc. My name and date is hand written, and I've had to sign one of them. I waited 4 months for something the tutor could have filled in on the day? They're not something I'll be showing people that's for sure...

Do you have a picture of them and then maybe other people with OPI certificates can compare? (Cover up details you don't want to show like name and signature)

I have CND certificates, there was a mistake with my first one and when I finally got my new one they had changed the style to A4 size and didn't have the gold badge on them and look a lot cheaper in my opinion but there's not much you can do! I think with CND people found it difficult to get frames to fit the original big ones

You'd think they'd put more effort into something some people take pride in wouldn't you? Doesn't help that they were sent to college (after I asked for them to be sent home as I wasn't going college this year), so college put them in a standard A4 envelope that got screwed up! I tried emailing/phoning OPI but no reply I've put them away, I'll take a pic in the morning x

Yes definitely they should! That's very inconsiderate of the college to do that, certificates aren't exactly easy/cheap to replace are they x

Opi are shocking company to deal with worldwide it seems which is a pity bcoz I love their products so much . Our rep doesn't even pitch up to meetings or appointments never mind request to actually get a certificate

The last course I did with OPI there were no certificates. I complained about this and OPI sent me a free gift to say sorry but I was annoyed that I didn't have a certificate to show I trained with them.

When you spend good money on training, and support / promote a particular brand through your work which gets them more sales, you'd expect certificates to be either presented on the day of training completion, or mailed out and received during the same week at least.

Honestly, my last redeeming factor to stay in this industry was when an email from OPI landed the other day about their new 'revolutionary pro health' gel and lamp - which I gotta add they said that OPI worked with LG to create this lamp. I got in touch straight away to find out costs and training venues, no reply - it's been 3 days and now I read this.

Thanks for saving me the effort and cash.

What is the point of sending out a mass email campaign, and no info / response to support it?

Why can't OPI be bothered to take the time to send certificates to the correct place for you? Why can they not be bothered to provide a certificate at all?

Did they not get things organised after changing things when it was Lena White? Why is there not a team of people in the UK who know where and when training venues are, costs, and all the rest... and if there is such a team, then where the F are they?

'The last course I did with OPI there were no certificates' --- that's dreadful, this says to me that they do not put any value on you as a dedicated nail technician at all. It's downright disrespectful. They sent a gift but did you get a certificate?.

I've experienced plenty of crappy treatment from smaller, newer 'fake pro' type companies of late, but if a big company like OPI do this too then it really is disheartening x

Last edited:
OPI seem to be getting worse. A friend of mine has just started working in a salon, and the owner is selling off all her OPI stuff because of their 'customer service'!

Just sorting photos out now x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1507380472.662015.jpg

I don't even know what's gone on with that bit, looks like it hasn't printed properly.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1507380536.756845.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1507380549.359798.jpg

Looks like it's been printed on a standard printer with crap ink. You can see the lines really bad. The 'card' is only just thicker than paper.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1507380642.798170.jpg

This one isn't too bad I guess, apart from the fact that I've waited nearly 4 months for something that could have been filled in on the day.

Can't really see on the top one but they're both crinkled round the edges but that's colleges fault.

There just isn't anything to be proud of. Even my GCSE certs are better than that! Hubby could photoshop something better than that lol x

Crumples and dodgy printing aside, congratulations on getting your certificates :).

Can clearly see what you mean - it's such a shame that the college didn't post these appropriately for you.

I'd be on the phone to sort out that printing issue, have you got a scanner? You could scan them in and send an email to them, explaining what's happened and also with the crumpled one as they sent it to the wrong address x

Thank you!
Bet they wouldn't reply to an email or phone me back lmao
I'm doing a different gel course in January so will probably hide the OPI gel cert in the back of my folder!

Thank you!
Bet they wouldn't reply to an email or phone me back lmao

You're welcome!

:D :D Totally, I was thinking this and decided to stay typin' positive :D

It's up to you, though if you dont try you dont know.

I reckon the less we stand for sub standard services, the better things will get. Sending love x

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back