opi chip skip

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nutty tart

Reaction score
what do you think of opi chip skip? is it any good. I dont see how it works.

Hi Nutty tart!
I havent used it but have seen it on QVC you use it over basecoat and under polish dont you? Better with a good quality basecoat I think

KxXx

You use it if you smudge the polish. You just go over the smudged bit a number of times and it kind of 'melts' the polish a bit and allows you re-manipulate it to cover over where you've smudged it.

I've used it on myself odd times, but have found it depends on how badly you smudge the polish as to how effective it is, sometimes I've just ended removing the polish and re-doing that nail.

I did find you need quite a few strokes of the chip skip as well before anything happened.

hey there nutty tart, opi chip skip is ok you are supposed to use it under the basecoat for the polish to last longer....i only use it on special occasions as it dehydrates the natural nail alot....For smudge fixing i find 'orly smudge fixer' works a dream! i hope that helps:D

nutty tart said:
what do you think of opi chip skip? is it any good. I dont see how it works.

You apply it prior to basecaot and nail polish to prevent chipping.....bit like a primer i s'pose. Ideal for use on natural nails, rather than enhancements.

You use chip skip under the basecoat. It does make the polish stay on longer, ive had clients who have had a french on their toes and come back 6-8 weeks later and its still perfect apart from growing out. I love chipskip!

I find a good prep using scrubfresh and a good basecoat works aswell .

Latest posts

Back