OPI Clarite and Bond Aid

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BitsyProspect

Reaction score
I have recently purchased a new acrylic L&P system. I am a loyal CND girl and have only ever used CND but my new system is OPI Clarite because it is low odor. I am mobile and I wanted an acrylic system that would not be offensive to the other people in the households that I visit.

I have already purchased:
Bondex Original, OPI Clarite Monomer, Curing Resin, White, Pink and Clear Powder

I thought I had everything but when I went to review the steps in a video online, I found that Bond Aid was used. I didn't recall seeing that in the original literature when I made my list so I need to know if this is a necessary step. This system already has more components than I am accustomed to, I am meticulous about using the COMPLETE system of a product line and I want to get it right. I have long natural nails with a gel overlay so I am not able to trial it myself. I have a trainer hand to 'get to know' the product but it won't demonstrate the normal wear of acrylic. My neighbor might be a good trial but I'd like to give her the best possible service, wearability and product no matter what.

There is no training in my area from OPI. Things are a little different here in Canada with regards to training and I am properly trained and Certified in Acrylic L&P... just not this product.

My question is; Do I need Bond Aid in addition to Bondex? I trust that someone will point me in the right direction as to whether I need this product (or not) and why. Thanks a bunch!

Hi, yes you should use Bond Aid as a dehydrator first and then use Bond Ex and the bonding agent. When I use the Clarité system, I normally use Bond Aid once and Bond Ex twice, once right after the Bond Aid and then again right before applying the acrylic. Work quickly to apply the Curing Resin as its meant to be applied right after you finish each acrylic nail application. I personally dont like the system due to the stickiness it leaves although using the curing resin. Please let me know if this helps you and if you can get it ro not be so sticky at the end. (I really hate having to get rid of all thaf tacky layer) hth!
P.s. Am in Florida and I cant find OPi training here either.
Nails By Mirely

Thank you!
I just had a go at it with my trainer hand and did 2 tips and a sculpt... you are absolutely right about the sticky layer. I didn't expect that! I'm not sure I like this system but I will give it a fair trial and pick up the bond aid tomorrow.

No problem, let us know how you like working with it on actual clients. ;-)

Nails By Mirely

Latest posts

Back