OPI Gelcolor issues

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey geeks. I'm having some issues with my gel color. I haven't gone to training yet but I plan to. But I have been practicing on my best friend and my mum but none of the sets ever last more than 4 days before they chip or peel off. I follow the instructions and have watched the DVD but it never seems to last. my mum does have very soft nails that peel quite a lot as well as she is a house wife so always in the dishes so I can understand her nails not withstanding but my best friend doesn't do nearly as much as my mum so I have no idea why it would do that. It is really bringing me down and whenever I look at the dates for training, I either just miss it or the next training session is 3 months away.

I would really love some tips. I enjoy doing gel colour but it is getting disheartening when they don't last the 2 weeks we beauty therapists say it should

Are you preparing the nail plate thoroughly? using bond aid? Curing each coat for 30 seconds under the LED lamp? Capping the free edges?x

I am prepping the nail, using bond aid, curing for 30 seconds, I've started curing it for longer than 30 seconds. I'm shaking the bottle thoroughly and capping the edges. The only problem I have with capping the edges is the fact that they both have quite short nails and I am not sure if I am doing it right.

That's probably what it is. Sounds like you're doing everything correctly. GelColor is brilliant. I've had mine on for 2 weeks and I'm massaging and doing gel extensions everyday and my colour is still intact. Amazing considering the amount of filing I've been doing!

Watch finger nail fixers video on you tube I'm sure she did one for short nails? I'd post a link but I'm not very good on my phone :S perhaps another lovely geek can do it for me :)

Found it! http://youtu.be/_uitk0MVwXg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back