OPI GelColor removal trouble

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kari123

Reaction score
Hi

I was wondering if Someone could help me or give me some advise with regards to removal of OPI GelColor. I was taught to use expert touch remover with the expert touch removal wraps. I buff the top coat off the gels then saturate the pad on the removal wraps wrap the fingers and wrap the hands with a towel. However some of my clients has taken me near on an hour to remove the gels. Once I check the nails after 10-15 mins part of the gels have dissolved but the pad then seems bone dry so I apply more expert touch remover and another 5-10mins at a time but doesn't come off easy like it should and im finding it very frustrating. I don't charge for removal with a new set but this extra time is not making me any money so I need to try speed this up. Any tips or am I doing something wrong? Thanks

Try checking them after 5 to 10 minutes. Sounds like you are leaving them on too long, the product is rehardening and the remover has dried out.

I use gelish but I buff the surface & apply the first wrap then move onto the next nail.
When I've done all 10 I go back to the first and push off any product with which has loosened with an orange wood stick then put the wrap back on.

Then repeat and it's all off. Xx

It sounds like your doing the right thing
Remove shine and across free edge with file
Saturate pad and wrap in foil
(I prefer a split cotton pad as I find the lint free absorb and dry out)
Then wrap in a split sheet of bed roll & heated mitt
One hand first then the other
Then go back to the first & check
I think you are possibly leaving then on too long
Hope that helps!

Like Cheekychick, I do one nail at a time. Just going back to the beginning, checking, scraping, re-soaking the pad if it's dry and cycle through.

I use OPI also.

I file and shape the nail so break the free edge
rough up the polish and get some of the shine off
I put aquaphor around the cuticle area to try to protect
Then saturate the pad attached the the foil then I put their hands into heated mitts
15 mins and the majority flakes right off... sometimes I'll get one or two little spots that stick but rarely.

What base coat are you using?

I use OPI gelcolor but I don't like the expert touch wraps. I fold my own lint free pads and use the pro care foils as find the don't dry out as easily. They are also cheaper! I check after 10 mins and re-wrap the odd one if needed.

I use OPI GelColor and find it really easy to remove (best I've used so far). I do not break the surface first, I just wrap (you should all try it on yourselves, you'll wonder why you have been filing the top layer for so long - it's pointless). It comes off in one curled up piece after 10 minutes. I love the new strengthening base coat, but it is a little more difficult to remove. I use clips with sponges and S2 D-Solve which is the best and cheapest remover I've found.

Latest posts

Back