OPI GelColor timings

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kari123

Reaction score
Hi I did an OPI GelColor course in April 2016 along with my level 2 beauty therapy course. (Currently studying level 3). Took me a little while to collect my kit due to the cost so didn't really start practicing until around September time. Was just doing my mum, sister and nail pops. Did there's a few times and then went onto my partners family once I felt a bit more confident and felt like my work was to a decent standard. I felt quite proud of my work but had a few comments about how slow I am. I am also offering rockstar/mermaid nails so take a bit of extra time to add glitters etc. But as a newbie roughly how long should a gelcolor manicure take? I don't tend to look at the clock while I'm working but just working as trying to perfect as much as possible as well as ensure clients don't feel rush and spend a bit of time chatting etc as I think client feels more comfortable. Any tips on how i can get quicker? Thought of going to work in a salon scares the life out of me as I'm worried I'll completely drown under there strict time slots. Thanks

If it's just 1 solid color no frills I can do start to finish in 45mins. Nail art takes longer and most of the girls are friends so we chit chat lol

20-30mins if the client has nothing on her nails

Something I learnt was 'talk to the hand'. I had heard of this so I had a friend in for a treatment to alert me every time she noticed me stop and look up to say a sentence or 2 haha! I was surprised at how much she noticed me doing it,which was having a knock on effect and creating longer service times and since then I do everything in my power to chat to the clients hand rather than stopping to finish a sentence etc.

As a newbie I think 45 minutes is a good time.
Don't let the comments knock your confidence reducing timing comes with experience.
I do the same thing in each nail before moving on e.g. Cuticle pusher on 10 nails then onto curette etc

Latest posts

Back