OPI Gelcolor VS Orly Gel FX?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baysidegal

Reaction score
I'm very impressed with Orly Gel Fx and just about ready to invest in it but need more info on OPI Gelcolor coming out. Does anyone know if it too is acetone resistant.? That makes a BIG difference for me (nail tech) which one I can wear personally while working on others!

I am using the GelFX in my salon and do really love it, however, I find it unsuitable to wear as a nail tech because any contact with acetone and I find it lifts up at the sides. My clients LOVE it though and the support I have received from Grafton International has been second to none!

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

Thanks for your input. I had ORLY put on at nail convention 10/3 and wore it ungloved for three weeks. NOTHING bothered it! I was stunned. Finally had to buff the top and take it off just because I was tired of the color other than that it was still absolutely perfect....so I am wondering why it is lifting on the sides for you? OBTW the educator did put the ORLY primer on the tips

I use Gelicure and Gelish. As a nail tech I find both are acetone resistant and perfect for me to wear. I would have thought that any system that requires a buff off of the topcoat before soaking is effectively acetone resistant???

So the question is: Does Gelcolor require buffing before soaking?

On a slightly different and very nerdy subject. I got the Gelcolor brochure with my Scratch Magazine today. Looking at the kit on the top of the 5th page, I noticed the names of the colours in the box. 5th one in is "I'm Really Not a Waitress". Wow, have I been getting the name wrong all these years? No it is a typo! I must get out more :biggrin:

The system is expensive, but that kit on the 5th page including the 5 finger lamp, works out cheaper than the Harmony 5 finger lamp on its own! In fact if you deduct the price of the kit without the lamp from the price of the kit with the lamp, it seems quite likely that this lamp will be more than £100 cheaper than the Harmony lamp.

Last edited:
Yes I agree, does OPI Gelcolor have an acetone resistant top coat? Who knows that answer? Was there anything in the advertising that you read in Scratch Magazine about it?

I went to Scratch Magazine on-line but could not find an article about OPI Gelcolor. I would be interested in what the kit included and what the price was. Can you tell me in US dollars? Thanks!

Latest posts

Back