OPI GelColor

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donnalizy

Reaction score
Hi I've been using OPI Gelcolor for a while now but never feel confident with it, some ladies get 1 week out of them some 2 weeks
Recently a few of my ladies have had them done before going abroad but coming back after saying they started lifting after a few days, 😞 really starting to lose my faith in this product
Any suggestions greatly received

donna

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi I've been using OPI Gelcolor for a while now but never feel confident with it, some ladies get 1 week out of them some 2 weeks
Recently a few of my ladies have had them done before going abroad but coming back after saying they started lifting after a few days, 😞 really starting to lose my faith in this product
Any suggestions greatly received

donna
Hi
I'm a gelish girl but from what I've heard opi is a fab product. Maybe take us through your application steps and maybe one of us might be able to help. Xx

I use O.P.I and have never really had an issue. What prep do you do hun?

Certain suntan lotions can lift gels sometimes

Hi my routine is
File
Smooth edges
Cuticle work with pink sanitizer
Clean nails with Nass 99
Use fluffy sprayed with Nass 99
Paint nails with bond aid dipping into bottle before each nail
Shake base coat then paint 1st hand capping the free edge
Put under light 30 secs
Repeat 2nd hand
Cure 30 secs
Paint on colour same as base (2 coats)
Cure each coat 30secs

Paint on top coat

Cure 30 secs

Speak nails with Nass 99
Apply avoplex cuticle oil

Hope this is understandable

Sent from donna

Hi. I use gelcolour and used to have lifting issues. I now use cnd cuticle away and get the client to wash their hands with swiss blue hand wash to deactivate the cuticle away. I then use Nas 99 and carry on the routine as you have described. Clients now get 2 to 3 weeks out of their gelcolour, obviously sometimes they get chips if they have been particularly hard on their nails, but no lifting problems. Hope this helps x

I don't use OPI (although I was a huge fan of their standard polish and colours before I started using shellac) in the past I've read on here people having issues which where resolved using CNDs fab prep products, I've also read how much of a con NAS99 is price wise since it's just plain old 99% IPA and instead used scrub fresh as a nail plate cleanser and cuticle away to remove non living tissue from the nail plate, deffo consider giving them a go, they really are great products to use for prep before any type of nail coating :)
X

Hi. I use gelcolour and used to have lifting issues. I now use cnd cuticle away and get the client to wash their hands with swiss blue hand wash to deactivate the cuticle away. I then use Nas 99 and carry on the routine as you have described. Clients now get 2 to 3 weeks out of their gelcolour, obviously sometimes they get chips if they have been particularly hard on their nails, but no lifting problems. Hope this helps x

Thanks for the info when getting them to wash their hands with Swiss blue do you then get them to wash their hands under the tap or just rub it in dry then use the Nas99
Cheers
Donna

Sent from donna

Agree on the proper prep. I highly recommend watching fingernail fixer's YouTube video on cuticle work.

Also, What lamp are you using? I tried even just swatching Gelcolor in other lamps and they wouldn't cure properly. I use the 18G and personally think that lamp and the OPI Gelcolor lamp are the only lamps that will properly cure it. If you don't use the correct lamp, even if it looks cured it will chip and peel right away. That also exposes your client to a potential allergic reaction due to exposure to uncured gel.

Finally, make sure you are shaking Gelcolor really well, not applying it too thick, and also sealing the free edge.

Yes get the client to quickly wash their hands under the tap, dry, then continue with Nas 99. I think the lifting happened previously because the Swiss Guard pink sanitiser must leave a slight residue on the nails even after prepping the nail with Nas 99.

Thanks for all the replies will give cuticle away ago instead of pink Swiss sanitiser and get ladies to wash their hands

I too use cuticle away, get clients to wash with swiss blue. Then i scrub nails with cnd scrubfresh. On serial lifters i use cnd nail fresh too

I have problem same thing but I find out what the mistake in my job. all clients i did color stay 3-4 weeks but last week i had to redo 1 of my client 3 time, color peeling off in an hour. I was wondering WHY??? so ... I find out important thing that
Base coat start chucky a little bit and kinda use to many time. I shakeeeeeeeee but no work I I change new bottle and I see job so diffirence smooth and fast and thin.
AND her nails no problem.
Base coat have to be good.I do preb just like you do. I use all opi product.

Latest posts

Back