OPI neon colours?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They also sell the white base coat that says for natural nails. Makes colors pop. I bought it at premiere Show in Orlando a couple weeks ago

Sent from my SGH-M919 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks. I actually did a bit of research and came across it. I will definitely be ordering it !!

They arrived today and we absolutely love them!! Definalty needed the alpine snow underneath to make them 'pop'. We are very conscious of doing thin layers with Alpine snow and found we actually needed to do two layers to give a smooth base for the neon to go on. Life gave me lemons is AMAZING!! X

If you put white under anything, polish or gel it will make the colour you put over it really stand out as it creates a base canvas.....using the same principle if you put black underneath colours it will tone them down and make them darker. Great for when clients say i like that but want it brighter or darker!!

I have a bright pink gel and i use white under it to make it even brighter!!

Girls I've just bought the white base coat and my nails look a total mess!! What's the secret? So annoyed as I feel like I've wasted my money buying these 'so called' neon polishes

I like them better without the white base. :rolleyes:

We have found you need a really thin coat of the white base coat, then once it's dry float the colour over. Haven't found they are very neon, esp not compared to neon irresistible pigments but nice summer shades all the same x

Hi, has anyone had problems with these colours fading? I've had down to the core-al gelcolour on my nails for a week (did it without alpine snow as a base) did the same on a client yesterday and mine has really faded!! Anyone?

Hi, I have the whole neon range and use Alpine snow as a base layer and lover them!
I have had no problems with fading - I do use the white as a base though so this could be why?
I also do loads of glitter work with OPI - my clients love it - I do the colour first, a thin layer of top coat and put glitter into this then cure, then top coat again, I have had no problems and some fab results!

Thanks I will try it with alpine snow as a base next time I think.

I havent had problems with it fading but I'm sure it's a fader as coral colours usually do. I haven't allowed clines have it when they go on holiday as I'm sure it will. It's a georgous colours though!!

Hi, has anyone had problems with these colours fading? I've had down to the core-al gelcolour on my nails for a week (did it without alpine snow as a base) did the same on a client yesterday and mine has really faded!! Anyone?

Did the hotter than you pink and its faded to almost see through I've found the colours almost see through have tried alpine snow underneath but they aren't neon colours very wishy washy clients aren't impressed and either am I the normal polishes work better than the gel colour think OPI need to go back to the drawing board in this one!

Did the hotter than you pink and its faded to almost see through I've found the colours almost see through have tried alpine snow underneath but they aren't neon colours very wishy washy clients aren't impressed and either am I the normal polishes work better than the gel colour think OPI need to go back to the drawing board in this one!

I agree they are not the best :irked:

Me too - a waste of money and I even bought the base coat to see if they improved!!

I've come on here to look into replacing my OPI neons as like a few others mine have faded to a very transparent colour. I've tried with the white base but it does not produce the results I want. I'm afraid I've returned all mine to my wholesalers for a full refund, (which I also had to do with the Brazil colours :() and now looking around here for options on replacements.

I only bought a few and found them quite transparent and washy washy. Especially the pink. I found the same with only and some others I've tried. I used alpine snow under them and was really disappointed in the result.

I've given up with neon now :cry:

I too have had a problem with the opi neons, so I'm going to try le chat I've had a few of their gel polishes and they are lovely :lol:

Latest posts

Back