OPI new Axxium Gel - what's it like ??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jex

Reaction score
Hi, I currently use Bio and am thinking of broadening my horizons (and what i can offer to clients). I have the August Scratch issue and on the back cover it has a rather nice pic of the Axxium Gel from OPI which has got me interested.

I've asked CND for some info on training cos I'm also thinking of their Brisa Gel Conversion course after seeing some of the threads on here that Creative is just WOW ! . Basically I want to offer a stronger Gel that can be used with tips as Bio is not great for that.
Does anyone use this new axxium gel, and the OPI range generally also what is the training with Lena White Ltd like ?
Maybe I'll do both, maybe not I would just like some "insider" info on the axxium before i make any decisions.
Can you help ??
icon_rolleyes.gif

Thanks

i trainedwith opi microbond gel system which is the one where the gel doesnt come in pots its comes in tubes, so you squeeze it onto the nails. i found the training with lena white fantastic and really really enjoyed it, i cant comment on the axxium gel as i havent used it but the microbond gel i find very "runny" so that can cause a few problems. x

I am trained in both, and to be honest, i prefer the brisa, it works better than the Axxiom (IMO), the Axxiom seems to be thicker and more sticky than the Brisa, and needs to be worked more. The only thing I like about the OPI gel range is the finishing gloss, as that doesnt have a sticky layer that you have to get rid off, where the Brisa does, other than that, its deffo CND

well, I also am a microbond fan... but I am trained with Axxium as well and will re train in Sept to improve my speedth and knowledge of it...

I shouldn't say that but well, who cares lol... I don't think Axxium brought anything new... like... okay, now we have a range in pot, instead of just the tubes (which are unique and great)... I don't like the packaging, I don't like the smell...

I like the lamp, very cool in summer, and I am also a real fan of the Axxium top Sealer. no sticky layer, high shine, non yellowing...

BUT to me there's really that one thing missing, which is an OPAQUE pink. we asked for one but.. well. if we had had it, I would of worked with it more.

if I had to comparre MBM and Axxium, from my point of view the hardest thing was getting used to using a brush to pick your gel... my very first set was awful. but luckily it is fine to buff lol.
I'd also say the 2 Axxium whites are quite similar in shade, I tested on my model one hand with each and we couldn't see the difference.
I was disappointed by the clear overlay, it doesn't shine that much.

but we'll have color gels very soon, so maybe an opaque too.

Thanks so much for the comments, much appreciated
xxxx

Latest posts

Back