OPI or Nails Inc polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emmaspeers

Reaction score
Ok, i have never been a fan of polish til now!! My aunty very kindly gave me around 20 Nails Inc polishes, lucky me. They were all either new or used only once, she bought a load as she is obsessed with polishes, but decided after trying a cpl she didnt like them and reverted to OPI which she loves...

Now i am between a rock n a hard place, cos as grateful as i am i find them a bit thin... i have only tried one polish of OPI a nude color which seems thin also BUT i think thats cos of the color i chose.

I have always found polishes peel, chip dead easy inc nails inc... but i only use a cheap base and top.

So this wk i bought a OPI base and top coat and couldnt beliee how quick it dried!! I mena super dooper quick... and they also do drops to make it dy quicker and last longer (yet to buy). So my dilemma is, should i sell my nails inc and go for OPI? Which is better opinions please.... cos im registered wit sallys i get trade on OPI so i know i will be able to purchase a fair few to start off. Thanx guys

i have been and am still a hugh fan of opi, a client that i have just done asked me to use her polishes on her, they were nails inc, i haven't used these before and i am used to my opi, not just because of the thiness of the polish but even down to the brush it just didn't flow right OPI all thw way for me htt
Emma xx

I love OPI polishes too. Ive had nails Inc on my nails a few years ago and it did last well. I just think OPI is s little more professional and they do have a great range! OPI give great coverage and lAst really well when put on to a smooth surface - ie when a good base coat is used.

I have used both and have polishes from both brands at home for personal use and I like them both but I think OPI just tops Nails Inc, with the colours, names, branding and manicure/pedicure products.

I think the lacquer is maybe a little more thicker and the brush easier to use.

I'm thinking of using OPI polishes. I've tried a few CND ones but just can't seem to get on with them. Using their top and basecoats I had a lot of bubbles although it is a lovely colour - Hot Chillis.

I agree with the brush on nails inc, it didnt flow well, but the opi one was lovely to use and thicker, so prob quicker to get on lol...
I am thinkin cos i can get opi cheaper in sallys it might be wise to go ahead and sell wot i have and change over to opi then at least i can widen my range if i want easily, and not have diff products - would rly like all of the same polish i think.
When u say a good base coat, is the opi base coat classed as good? I used this when i bought it the other day just to see how it goes and it was dry almost immediately...
Just trying the opi base and top coat inspired me to actually like polish - altho when i used the opi samoan sand it was sooo light and thin - anyone tried this color? I have seen some amazing colors tho.... i ave seen a v turquoise blue comes in a set, and i want it lol

I agree with the brush on nails inc, it didnt flow well, but the opi one was lovely to use and thicker, so prob quicker to get on lol...
I am thinkin cos i can get opi cheaper in sallys it might be wise to go ahead and sell wot i have and change over to opi then at least i can widen my range if i want easily, and not have diff products - would rly like all of the same polish i think.
When u say a good base coat, is the opi base coat classed as good? I used this when i bought it the other day just to see how it goes and it was dry almost immediately...
Just trying the opi base and top coat inspired me to actually like polish - altho when i used the opi samoan sand it was sooo light and thin - anyone tried this color? I have seen some amazing colors tho.... i ave seen a v turquoise blue comes in a set, and i want it lol

Opacity of colours varies in any range .. not everyone likes opaque colours - some like semi opaque and some like sheer some like frosted and some like shimmers and some like sparkles and some like pearlized ... variety is the spice of life and all that. You can't judge a polish range by the opacity of one colour. A good professional polish should have many different varieties on offer within it.

I agree with Geeg- and Samoan Sand is very sheer. If you want something along that line but that has more coverage then try tickle my France-y although it is a slightly more taupe and less yellow based shade. I use the OPI start to finish base coat and love it. Saying that, the CND super shiney too coat is great too and the design of the CND bottle is great - easy to hold whilst still holding the clients finger because it has a flat back- nice for the ring finger and pinky to rest against. I just love the OPI range and quality of the polishes. Some barely even need 2 coats to give a true colour. HTH's and I've not babbled too much! :)

Ok so i bought some OPI yesterday and the base and top coat the other day...
yesterday morn i applied a natural OPI base coat, a nails inc polish 2 coats, then top coat... i waited for each layer to be dry to the touch before applying another layer - but they still seemed slightly sticky (when i touch 2 nails against each other) - how long do u wait to dry? I have since bought 2 more OPI polishes and havent tried that instead of nails inc, and have also bought the drying drops by OPi too... havent tried these yet, but any advice? Today they look terrible, 24 hrs later... i am sealing it too. I was advised after all this to try a top layer of gel but this didnt seem to even set after more time than normal curing time??? confused...

In my opinion gel on top of polish doesn't work, it'll chip/crack and peel all too easily.
I use CND sticky base, and super shiney top coat, my colours vary from opi, china glaze, and no.7! and i cant fault any of them :D
i also use nsi thermoshield now & again, but you have to be fast applying this smoothly straight away as it drys almost immediatly.

:idea: I don't have Shellac but this is the problem solver for a glossy polish, with the hard gel topcoat.
( also applying any cuticle oil after polishing nails helps to dry & seal them.)

hth. :)

Latest posts

Back