OPI removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmm29

Reaction score
Hey geeks!

I usually work mobile with a different brand but have just started working in a spa which have taken on OPI.

The hotel & spa has only just opened so we had a 2 hour training session on gel colour and removal which was very rushed (our fault not theirs).

My colleagues and I are just confused because there are two different types of removal product. One purple and one Orange.

The orange says acetone free and gentle on enhancements. The purple however contains acetone so I thought the purple would be for removal of gels but my colleague seems to think it's the Orange one without the acetone.

Sorry if this sounds silly but would really appreciate the advice!

Thank you x

I'm not familiar with OPI removers. I'm thinking those are for regular polish removal. One with acetone the other one without. You need pure acetone for gel polish removal. Some have added oils so they don't dry the nails as much

The orange one is normal nail polish remover. The purple one is to soak off gels 😊

I thought so thank you!! Sorry if it sounded a silly question x

The purple one is Expert Touch, an acetone based remover for gels, enhancements , and even rnp. The orange one is non-acetone and is for rnp, especially over enhancements.

Yes, purple one. Soak nail for 15 minutes and it should peel off.

Sent from my C2105 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you all! Much appreciated 😊x

Latest posts

Back