OPI Studio lamp reviews?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bohemianivy

Reaction score
Hello my lovelys, can any give me there opinion of the opi studio lamp? (White one) I'm thinking of investing but the reviews are pretty mixed. Lots of people saying the lamp becomes very hot. I know they have brought out one with a fan this year. Any reviews?

Hello my lovelys, can any give me there opinion of the opi studio lamp? (White one) I'm thinking of investing but the reviews are pretty mixed. Lots of people saying the lamp becomes very hot. I know they have brought out one with a fan this year. Any reviews?
I've got it but I've ditched it now, it was always temperamental, wouldn't turn on half the time and used to get extremely hot. Plus the finger guides on the base are a great idea but they can prevent the gel curing on some nails as it can shield them from the light, especially the little fingers. Sorry I don't meant to put you off buying it! Just giving an honest review.
Yours might work perfectly if you buy one :rolleyes:

Hi.

I had the original white studio LED lamp and hated it with a passion! It got boiling hot for me and clients. Also, the OPI label rubbed off!

I rang up in the summer and complained that it wasn't what I expected from OPI and they told me that the company has responded to tech complaints and had made some changes.

As I had bought mine from OPI UK, they were more than happy to send me a brand new one as long as I had the original one to send back.

I was really pleased,but it did make me wonder why they hadn't recalled all of them and let us all know.

Having worked with the new one for a month, I can happily report that not once have I wanted to launch it out the window!! The sensors are spot on, the fan and the vents mean that barely any heat is felt at all and they've reverted back to a clear count down timer, like the original black one had. So much better, so OPI are back in my good books.

Hope this has helped x

Thank you so much. What I can make out is that they made a new model with a fan. I am concerned with the guides effecting the cure though. Have you found this jennypenny1972?

No problems at all. X

I bought the GC9000 off Ebay and it worked intermittently, had to keep asking client to re-insert hands or feet which was getting annoying! Also when doing my own had to keep on re-inserting. I also used to catch it flashing on and off intermittently from the corner of my eye. Have returned it and will get the updated fan version. Maybe it will be better. I did find that all gels cured fine and they are lasting well.

Latest posts

Back