Opinions on pedicure chair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orchid11

Reaction score
Hi,

I currently use the Ikea poang chair and footstool, clients are comfy in the chair but it kills my back. I sit on the footstool but I don't feel professional with clients foot on my lap (just my opinion) and end up leaning over too much. I used to use my couch but the back rest doesn't come up very high and don't like that either.

I have been looking at the hydraulic pedicure chairs with split legs but would like some advice from any of you that have something similar, any pro's and con's before I make my mind up.

I have tried to attach a picture but its not worked!

I am above a hairdressers and wondered how easy they are to manoeuvre up stairs!

Thank you x

Hi,
I had the same concern myself recently too, so what I started doing is the following and clients love it, they're much more comfortable and keep coming back for Pedi's.

In said chair soak feet in bowl or foot spa
Pat Dry and move onto Beauty Bed (same Bed I use for Facials, Waxing etc which is in the same room)
With Client lying down, pillow under head and aother pillow under legs to support back
Finish all Pedi steps with client lying down, foot rasp, scrub, massage, etc etc and they're so nice and relaxed, they're at your height and no strain on your back because if you have your beauty bed at the right height for you, there will be no strain.
When you're ready to finish with painting toes, just get the client to bend their knees so their feet are flat on the bed and you can get to their toes perfectly and they're still comfortable.

The other night I did a Deluxe Pedi followed by a Deluxe Facial which was perfect because the client was already lying down from the Pedi so there was a nice flow of the treatments.

If you dont do waxing and facials so dont have a beauty bed, you might want to look at getting one of these chairs but you'll still need to bend somewhat.

Hope this might help! :) x

Attachments

• Stool pedicure black-2.jpg
    Stool pedicure black-2.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 785
Hi, I also use the poang chair but with one of the pedi stools like in Rhyanna's photo. I find it works fine for me.

Mine is slightly different, the foot rest has adjustable height as does the seat so you can adjust it how it suits you.

Hi I do similar to rhyanna, only I soak, foot rasp and scrub with them sitting on chair and then after I dry them off I do the rest of pedi with them on my beauty bed but with them sitting up and just bend knees when I need to. Xx

Latest posts

Back