Optional perming unit?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lil993

Reaction score
Hi all just wanted others views on this. Nearly finished my NVQ hairdressing level 2, I just need to pick an optional unit, the two I’m interested in are perming or plaiting.

What would you say is more beneficial these days (baring in mind I’m planning on going mobile upon completion so not sure which option may be better)

Hi all just wanted others views on this. Nearly finished my NVQ hairdressing level 2, I just need to pick an optional unit, the two I’m interested in are perming or plaiting.

What would you say is more beneficial these days (baring in mind I’m planning on going mobile upon completion so not sure which option may be better)
Can you not pick both? I did. They were both my biggest fears!
Now perming is something that doesn't faze me!
I can't say I'm excited about it, but I need longer freak out when someone books one.
Plaiting is definitely popular at the moment, it's a big factor in hair up these days. But perming is useful, and it started making a comeback!
It's a tough decision though make if you have to pick between the two. Do you enjoy one more than the other?

Definitely Perming!

If you don’t complete an assessed unit in Perming, you won’t be insured to do it as it’s a chemical service.

Plaiting is easy enough to learn from watching YouTube tutorials and wholesalers often run short courses on dressing hair.

Definitely Perming!

If you don’t complete an assessed unit in Perming, you won’t be insured to do it as it’s a chemical service.

Plaiting is easy enough to learn from watching YouTube tutorials and wholesalers often run short courses on dressing hair.
Very good point!

Perming most definitely! So pleased i took it.

Latest posts

Back