Orange/auburn to level 4/5 flat brown

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emzxxx

Reaction score
Hi everyone I'm new to this site an qualified to level 3 but haven't been doing hair for a long time. I've cleAnsed my friends hair from a patchy red n it went a 7 base but very ginger she basically wanted the red stripped out n just brown. Well I added a 5/07 permant 6% after and it made it a very light ginger brown a nice colour but not what she wants as she wAnts to be a flat brown like a 4/5 base. I'm asking for advice as I'm going to redo it and should I buy like a 5/0 on it's own in a quasi colour? I'm jus worried it's not going to go how she wAnts and wasting 10 pounds each time on tints.

Hi everyone I'm new to this site an qualified to level 3 but haven't been doing hair for a long time. I've cleAnsed my friends hair from a patchy red n it went a 7 base but very ginger she basically wanted the red stripped out n just brown. Well I added a 5/07 permant 6% after and it made it a very light ginger brown a nice colour but not what she wants as she wAnts to be a flat brown like a 4/5 base. I'm asking for advice as I'm going to redo it and should I buy like a 5/0 on it's own in a quasi colour? I'm jus worried it's not going to go how she wAnts and wasting 10 pounds each time on tints.

I wouldn't go any darker than a 5 as she will probably just feel it's jet black! Lol x I'd do a base 5 in a quasi, I'd expect that to come out like a fairly dark, flat brown - bear in mind the warmth will come through as she shampoos it, but it will look nice - it will look chocolatey x

I wouldn't go any darker than a 5 as she will probably just feel it's jet black! Lol x I'd do a base 5 in a quasi, I'd expect that to come out like a fairly dark, flat brown - bear in mind the warmth will come through as she shampoos it, but it will look nice - it will look chocolatey x

Thanks for that yer I will buy wella 5/0 quasi n do u think 4% or just the 1.9? I was jus a bit confused at how light the 5/07 went as it's still the base of a 5 but jus so light maybe it's from the bleaching beforehand. X

Thanks for that yer I will buy wella 5/0 quasi n do u think 4% or just the 1.9? I was jus a bit confused at how light the 5/07 went as it's still the base of a 5 but jus so light maybe it's from the bleaching beforehand. X

I'd do 1.9% - you want a nice low level peroxide when you're working on processed hair - this means minimal cuticle aggravation which results in a longer lasting colour result x

I'd do 1.9% - you want a nice low level peroxide when you're working on processed hair - this means minimal cuticle aggravation which results in a longer lasting colour result x

Yes and extra shine of course. Thank you so much. X fingers crossed it works this time

Thanks colour genius yep a good chocolate result with 5.0 koleston n 1.9%. X

Latest posts

Back