Organising pamper evening event

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

violet1

Reaction score
I am organising a pamper evening to help promote my business and others. I have the stall holders, but have not done this before so would like you to tell me what you think. It's in a hall and for alcohol to be sold I need to have the licensed bar that goes with the hall which costs £80. I don't think I will bother with this as it's not really a drinking evening. So I thought I'd give away a free glass of wine, as I think people would want/expect a glass of something, do you think? Also re entry, either they pay a small amount for entry with a free glass of wine, or free entry and free glass of wine? I am concerned about charging entry fee as I don't want people put off considering they will be spending on mini treatments. What do you think?

Also re treatments, I was think £5 per 15 min mini treatment, manicure, reflexology, Indian head massage etc. What do you think about that? I have a spray tanning lady, is it normal for people to be spray tanned on the night at these things?

Any help would be great

Thank you

my childrens school recently did a pamper evening and they charged i think £4 on the door and your recieved a free glass of wine or orange( for the people that drove or do not drink)then there were charges for treatments but the therapist got a say in this as i offered help but was not taken up on this (not the first time lol) they had 10 mins to 30 mins treatments and they all varied in price...Maniu-20 mins £10 reflexology-20 mins £7 Indian head massage- 20 mins £10.
I wouldn't under sell it even mini treatments.I hope the night goes well for you.
I hope this helps
Sazza x

hI,

I have never done a pamper evening before, but i was just thinking that maybe you could sell tickets, so that you have a rough idea how many people will be coming. you could print on the tickets that theres a free glass of bubbly or orange.
let us know how it goes

Hi violet
Have pm'd you x

I attend 1 pamper event once a month and they charge £2 for guests and the money is donated to a charity.That way people don't mind paying if it's for a good cause.

As for the alcohol,venues I've attended so far all have a bar so people buy their own drinks.

Having held charity events in the past (although not beauty related) we have got around alcohol in the following way...
Go and buy alcohol from supermarket/cash & carry (not spirits) and find somebody to serve your drinks. Charge for drinks at £1 or £2 or whatever you need to to pay for it and make a little bit for the charity.... heres the important part...you need to stress that this is a 'SUGGESTED DONATION'. Ok so you may have people say they don't want to make a donation for their drink and have it for free but in the past not one single person at any of my events has said this as it's for charity. Don't have your 'barperson' taking the money just have a basket for people to put their 'donation' into (you are therefore not selling!) If you have any left over at the end of the night auction it to people there if you are unable to buy it on a sale or return basis in the first place.
As for charging entry...DO IT! Charge between £2 and £5 and give them a drink voucher...always always make people feel like they're getting something for nothing. Plus when people have had a drink they tend to loosen the purse strings a bit.
Hope this helps
Kx

I've organised 3 pamper evening so far for my daughters school. We charged £5 for entrance which includes a buffet and a mini hand reflexology treatment. There is a bar there so people buy their own drinks (we had our events in a local pub who donated the room to us for free because they would make money on the bar). We then charged between £5 and £10 for a treatment. We had a girl doing Gelish for £10 a head, angel card readers at £5 a reading, a hairdresser for £5 an "up do", and so on. We charged each stall holder £20 plus a raffle prize and then flogged as many raffle tickets as we could; either £1 a strip or 7 strips for £5. We raised just over £1000 at each event.
Good luck with yours, pm me if you want any more info.

Mandy

Hi

There's been a recent thread on here about alcohol, 'cause I was going to offer a glass of wine to my clients. Apparently, if you are giving alcohol away, you need a licence. If you sell a ticket, £2 including a "Free" drink, the law understands that the alcohol is part of the price, therefore you are "selling" it, and need a licence.

As the room has offered a bar (albeit for £80) they might not be happy if you take your own.

If you want to add some fun, you could offer alcohol free cocktails, you can get mixes for mojito etc, all colours, no alcohol cocktail = fun atmoshphere, no licence/drink drive problems.

You don't need tipsy clients to dip their hands in their pockets, you need a happy environment and quality treatments.

Good luck
Michael

We had to do a powerpoint presentation on organising an event like this on our Level 3 course.
We decided against alcohol, as in my insurance codes of ethics it states you cant perform a treatment on somebody under the influence of alchohol. Also i decided as a beauty Therapist i am trying to encourage the clients to hydrate their skin, not dehydrate by drinking alcohol. so would offer non alcoholic refreshments. non alcoholic wine or non alcoholic cocktails, and of course water and herbal teas! x

Thank you for your help, that is all very interesting. Regarding the alcohol, when I spoke to the lady in charge of the venue, she was ok with me giving alcohol away free but obviously not selling it. So by charging to get in and offering a glass of bubbly means I'm selling it? I'm still not sure on charging on entry, I just worry no one will turn up! Great ideas about the treatments, thank you. I just can't imagine a pamper evening without a glass of vino! :biggrin: thanks again

Latest posts

Back