Organising your day as Mobile

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Florriedee

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I was just wondering how everyone organises their day when they are mobile, in terms of not doubling back on themselves too often and not going to the same street 4 days running. Does anyone try and arrange their clients so it flows quite logically or do you just arrange as and when the clients call?

Also how much time do you leave yourselves between appointments? I know obviously the length of time to travel to the next place but do you leave contingency time, in case there are road works for example, or an accident in front of you and if so how long do you leave?

Sorry last one - how far do you travel and do you have a minimum call out charge?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Guys

I was just wondering how everyone organises their day when they are mobile, in terms of not doubling back on themselves too often and not going to the same street 4 days running. Does anyone try and arrange their clients so it flows quite logically or do you just arrange as and when the clients call? If I can arrange it so I am in an area and stay in that area then I do, it helps that I have a lot of regular clients so I know roughly who will be booking on what day which means I can arrange my travelling to a certain extent. But, it doesn't always work and you have to accept that sometimes you will be going to a similar palce on different days, it's part of being mobile.

Also how much time do you leave yourselves between appointments? I know obviously the length of time to travel to the next place but do you leave contingency time, in case there are road works for example, or an accident in front of you and if so how long do you leave? 99% of my work is enhancment work so I allow 2 hours for each appointment which covers setting up, full set of rebelance, packing away, taking money, booking the next appt and travelling to my next client. If I have some spare time I park around the corner and listen to the radio for 10 mins but most of the time that works well for me. Things like road works or accidnets will sometimes happen but IMO it's not worth building extra time into every appt for it, accept that occasionally you will get held up and as long as you have a contact number for your client you can ring to say you are stuck in traffic. I'd rather allow just the right time and fit more clients in a day!

Sorry last one - how far do you travel and do you have a minimum call out charge? The furthest I travel is about 12 miles from my house, and further it's just not worth it in time or money. That said, my average travel (there and back) is about 7 or 8 miles. I don't charge a minimum call-out fee, but I use my discretion as to what I charge. So if someone rings for 1 repair I will offer an appt when I am in the area anyway and just charge the £3.50 for the repair. Most clients will wait til rebalance time for a repair anyway unless it's a special occasion......

Thanks in advance!

hth's

I've done mobile beauty for 8 years now. I am quite used to running hither and nither lol.

I think it is easier to try and book appointments geographically where ever possible. FOr instance, the other night I had two tans within 8 miles of each other and on my way home. Bonus!

Yes always leave time in between for traffic and in case you run over. Many clients are understanding of this.

I often tell new clients "I may be a few minutes late due to the nature of my job, so if I am a few minutes late so don't worry if I am not there bang on xx time, however if I am running more than 10 minutes late I will text/ring you on the way".

Hope this helps!

Also it helps to have your equipment packed in bags so you can lift them out and crack on with the job. Eg waxing/lash tint kit in one bag, mani/pedi in another/ or whereever you put them etc.

Latest posts

Back