Orly Gel FX shade shifter over Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucyboo

Reaction score
I love shellac but clients are asking for colour changing gels.
I'm not keen on gel fx as a system due to stubborn removal at the free edge.
If I was to complete the shellac service, cleanse & gently buff the shine off the top coat them apply a layer of the shade shifter, do you think it would effect the shellac?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

I use different systems finishes over acrylics and/or gel enhancements because it is a great way to finish a nice set of enhancements. That said, Shellac is a power polish and not durable the way enhancements are, and I wouldn't attempt it. Personally.
You just don't know how it will affect the wearability of Shellac. If you must try, try it on yourself not a paying client.
Also, it would look a bit unprofessional.

I've used orly shade shifter with my other brands of gel polish with no problems.

If your struggling with orly gel fx removal, with the nail tip primer use it very very sparing along the free edge when doing your applications.... It's amazing primer and does work v well at helping the product adhere to the nail!
Also make sure your really filing away all the topcoat shine before soaking too, I always file the free edge a little to break the seal too.

Jess x

I've used it over the top of a different gel polish brand with no problems, but haven't tried it over shellac yet. I will test that out next!

Latest posts

Back