Orly Rubberised Basecoat - Anyone had a problem with staining??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emi-loo

Reaction score
I have been using Orly's rubberised bonder basecoat - its brilliant, keeps the polish on for ages with no chipping/peeling but when I take it off, or my customers take it off after a week or more - its staining their nails yellow - it looks like they all been smoking 50 fags a day!!! - has any one else had a problem with it staining?? Ive rang Orly and they have not had any complaints about it - so now Im worried that Im doing something wrong!!:irked:

Help me please!!

I've used it for about 12 months but haven't had this problem. Could it be contaminated in some way?

1999judy said:
I've used it for about 12 months but haven't had this problem. Could it be contaminated in some way?

Its the second bottle Ive use and the first one did exactly the same - its driving me nuts, and Im worried Ive done something wrong, but cant think what!!!!???

I use this too and have had no problems either

nailsbydesign said:
I use this too and have had no problems either
OMG - what am I doing wrong - maybe it was a dodgy batch?

Hi I use it too and have never had a problem?

No problems here. Totally loving it.

as someone else said, perhaps a dodgy batch?

Sorry no probs here either, i love it its brill.

Emi-loo said:
Its the second bottle Ive use and the first one did exactly the same - its driving me nuts, and Im worried Ive done something wrong, but cant think what!!!!???
if you're concerned you're doing something wrong then it might be a good idea to talk us through how you use it etc, you might get the answer you need that way :wink2:

I do a full manicure:
remove polish
file
cuticle softner
soak cuticles
cuticle remover
cuticle nippers
buff
hand/arm massage
clean nail plates with remover pad and go round the side walls with cotton bud
then apply rubberised base coat
two coats of Orly Polish
one coat of Orly in a Snap top coat
I could understand it if maybe I was using other brands, but I always stick to the base/varnish/top coat of the same brand!!!
Any suggestions would be greatful if you think I maybe going wrong somewhere!!! I have since used other base/varnish and top coat on the clients that havent got the staining and I have used Toma or Creative and never had it happen with them!!

Emi-loo said:
clean nail plates with remover pad and go round the side walls with cotton bud
then apply rubberised base coat
your remover pad, does it contain a dehydrator/cleanser at all or do you use it bare (so to speak)?

I use non acetone polish remover, or if Im using creative I would use Nail Fresh

i was thinking along the lines of not removing any residue oil/moisturising lotion from the manicures, that's shot my theory to pieces lol....
(Scrubfresh would be better for you as it leaves pathogen fighters on the nailplate)

is this happening to all of the clients you use the Orly basecoat on or just the odd one?
could their nails have been touched again after cleansing the nailplate prior to aplying the basecoat?
I'm all out of ideas.

I really appreciate your help - Its happened on all of the clients that Ive used it on, they all keep really still when Im doing it, so I can see where your coming from there, but they all keep their hands on my hand rest.
Since Ive realised it was staining, I wouldnt use it on new clients, and switched to the Orly Top to Bottom and they have no staining at all!! Me thinks Orly best do a test on it and investigate!!
Thanks- I hope I havent given you a bad head!! x

Emi-loo said:
Thanks- I hope I havent given you a bad head!! x
no problem... just sorry that none of us could help you...
might be time to send your bottle of basecoat back... x

I will do - and if anything interesting comes of it I will let you know

Thanks again - and to you all for your comments xx

What cuticle remover are you using and what are you removing it with after you have removed dead tissue??? Leaving a residue of cuticle remover possibly might cause problems.

I always use Cuticle Eliminator from Beauty Express, and when Ive removed cuticle I always use warm water and a bowl to remove any residude!!

Latest posts

Back