Out of office auto text

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrysalis

Reaction score
Hi geeks
At the moment I use an iphone5 for my business. Is got great business features but I really need to have a phone that sends out of office text replies without me having to compose them and then send them.

Does anyone have a mobile they use that has this facility?

I've looked on the App Store and apple site but it appears this is one function that isn't available on iOS based phones.
Thank you

Hi geeks
At the moment I use an iphone5 for my business. Is got great business features but I really need to have a phone that sends out of office text replies without me having to compose them and then send them.

Does anyone have a mobile they use that has this facility?

I've looked on the App Store and apple site but it appears this is one function that isn't available on iOS based phones.
Thank you

I'm surprised any phones do this. There might be an app for it?
Failing that I don't think there is another solution.

A neighbour of mine has a basic Samsung that does this but I need a more upspec phone.

There is a patch tweak for it but you would need to jailbreak your iPhone to allow it.

It would cost $3 for the patch and can set template texts and enable and disable it when necessary to auto respond. Sounds like what you need.

Can this not be set up through your emails online I.e logging on through computer or safari in phone and going through settings. In fact just checked gmail and it is in settings and then scroll down to vacation responder and set message dates etc. I'm sure they mail providers must have something similar

I know it's frustrating when you get an 'Out of hours' text but you could do your own template reply you send yourself when you receive texts? Save it in your notes and copy it when you switch your phone on so all you need to do is paste and send when you get a message?

Mmmmm what's the jailbreak thing?
Gmail etc is for email which is easy to set out of office I'm looking for a text auto reply and its not available via apple at all unless this jailbreak thing works can you let me know more please?

Texts not emails! Sorry

Hi love beauty I'm doing that at the moment but its getting ridiculous had one at 1am Friday night/sat morning.
I usually just forward my pre concocted auto reply. However clients will wonder how they get them sometimes and not others an auto reply text service would be much better.
Anyone have a new blackberry that does this?

Mmmmm what's the jailbreak thing?
Gmail etc is for email which is easy to set out of office I'm looking for a text auto reply and its not available via apple at all unless this jailbreak thing works can you let me know more please?

It's kinda like unlocking your phone to any provider in the old days. Have to know someone who can do it. Cost you about £30. But you get any app almost for free. It basically lifts all the apple restrictions and makes it 100% customisable like a computer. However once done you can't update the iOS and don't take it to apple like that as they will refuse to work on it.

I'm just thinking in a world of business using modern technology this can't be done on apple iOS platform and if need be I will leave apple but don't want to cut my nose off to spite my face!

Hi love beauty I'm doing that at the moment but its getting ridiculous had one at 1am Friday night/sat morning.
I usually just forward my pre concocted auto reply. However clients will wonder how they get them sometimes and not others an auto reply text service would be much better.
Anyone have a new blackberry that does this?

I completely understand this. The majority of my clients think it's socially acceptable to contact me between 10pm-7am most evenings :(

Let me know how you get on as I'm interested too :)

I wouldn't rush into anything. I think iOS 7 MIGHT have this feature. I have a friend in the developer program for Apple but there not allowed to tell anyone anything about it before release in September.

It's kinda like unlocking your phone to any provider in the old days. Have to know someone who can do it. Cost you about £30. But you get any app almost for free. It basically lifts all the apple restrictions and makes it 100% customisable like a computer. However once done you can't update the iOS and don't take it to apple like that as they will refuse to work on it.

Thank you has anyone done this? Ill have to think whether its worth not being able to update.

Thank you has anyone done this? Ill have to think whether its worth not being able to update.

I personally done a jailbroken iPhone 3G and my brothers iPod Touch. I currently have a jailbroken iPhone 4 and iPad I done and standard iPhone 5. Normally if you ask around someone will do it. They will have to check some of the settings of the iPhone to double check it can be done. I wouldn't trust any of the online services where you send them your phone.

I wouldn't rush into anything. I think iOS 7 MIGHT have this feature. I have a friend in the developer program for Apple but there not allowed to tell anyone anything about it before release in September.

Thanks for that I may wait till then but wonder if any other geeks use this feature on other phones?
Bump!

I completely understand this. The majority of my clients think it's socially acceptable to contact me between 10pm-7am most evenings :(

Let me know how you get on as I'm interested too :)

Will do ill keep bumping this thread, surely other geeks have this issue who use mobiles for contact?
I have two phones one personal and one one business but I'm changing my hours in September to working week on week off so that's a long time to leave phone with no reply facility to texts :sad:

You will have to jailbreak your iPhone and then you will have access to an app called autoresponder 2. It's not an app per say but a setting automatically found in the phone. You can choose a 1min to 2hr response frame (how fast you want the phone to reply to the text) and you choose your response.

So far this is the only way. HTH! :)

You will have to jailbreak your iPhone and then you will have access to an app called autoresponder 2. It's not an app per say but a setting automatically found in the phone. You can choose a 1min to 2hr response frame (how fast you want the phone to reply to the text) and you choose your response.

So far this is the only way. HTH! :)

Hi thanks where is that app?

The trouble is if you do this and have problems with your phone apple won't help atall.
I wouldn't risk it x

Latest posts

Back