overbuffing??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sazzy

Reaction score
Hi
Ive been 'doing' nails for some years now with few problems but have recently had 2 customers who have little red marks appearing on their nails when im blending ready for an infill/balance. I make sure i don't file the natural nail and feel i am not overbuffing yet these marks still appear looking like ive filed the nail quite violently when i havent!

I work 3 days per week where i am mostly fully booked and have no problems like this with any other of my customers.

Has anyone else had problems like this and if so can you help please

thank you kindly

Saz:lol:

Hi
Ive been 'doing' nails for some years now with few problems but have recently had 2 customers who have little red marks appearing on their nails when im blending ready for an infill/balance. I make sure i don't file the natural nail and feel i am not overbuffing yet these marks still appear looking like ive filed the nail quite violently when i havent!

I work 3 days per week where i am mostly fully booked and have no problems like this with any other of my customers.

Has anyone else had problems like this and if so can you help please

thank you kindly

Saz:lol:

Are they filing them themselves? I have customers who swear they only let me touch their nails but I'm not so sure.

Do they come with these particular nails off?? Do they look like they have been forced off???

Just a thought!

Teri x:hug:

I'm with Teri here hon- these red marks don't just appear like hives- they have to be "put" there.

Does she lift? Do you find you have to file more than other clients on her?

Does she pick at them? Can you describe the angle of your file?

i have a elderly client who's nails get red patches when i am doing her nails...i am very very gentle and i know its not me...i think its her age and the fact that i am stimulating her nails....she has wafer thin skin..hair and nails. x

thank you so much for responding.

After questioning my clients both have admitted to being quite sensitive with regards to hair/body products. One is on medication for a hereditory illness and the other recently reacted to a skin test for a hair colour.

I believe neither of them are 'pickers' and have put the marks down to their over sensitivity as out of 60-80 customers per month they are the only 2 the problem has occured with.

Saz
:green:

I think if the vast majority of your clients don't have this problem then you can safely say that the problem is not with the way you file . . .

It does sound like a sensitivity thing to me. hth x

Latest posts

Back