Own Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beccimcinnes

Reaction score
Hey! Does anyone find doing their own nails difficult?

I do! X

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Me too! I am left handed and I find filing with my right hand a nightmare.
Getting better at painting though which is good as my nails are better on my left hand xx

💕💅 Keep calm and make 'em Gelish 💅💕

I am able to do acrylic tips but infilling is a whole different beast!! I end up getting frustrated and giving up. Must practice left hand filing :lol:

Glad it's not only me! Do you's find they last as long as clients or not? I find mines lift quicker than my clients do! Strange xx

I don't find it hard bit it's sooooo boring and they never last aslong, soak offs are the worst!

I find mine grow unbelievably quick I cut very very close into my cuticle aligned spend a lot of time doing it and it grows ridiculously fast I hated my nails last week on Wednesday and this is the growths five days later ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1406562904.164613.jpg

Mind you I am a reformed nailbiter and my nails have been throw the mill! I had some damaging acrylics done before I trained in the industry myself and since then, they used to break off half way down the nail-beds 😞 so for me this is a massive achievement and they are so strong but I would like them to be longer lol. 😄 xx

💕💅 Keep calm and make 'em Gelish 💅💕

Thank god it's not just me! When my hands are ever in moisturiser I always push back my cuticles! It's just habit but I think it makes it look worse as if I need an infill quicker than I actually do! Yea filling is a nightmare! Xx

Glad it's not only me! Do you's find they last as long as clients or not? I find mines lift quicker than my clients do! Strange xx

Yes mine are exactly the same!! Weird isnt it! x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1406565745.360615.jpg
Like I done these last week! Already slightly lifted and almost there for an infill that is my bad hand as I am left handed!! Xx

I don't find them difficult, just time consuming.

Also with the lifting I used to get it all the time but I now wear gloves for treatments and they stay perfect as long as my clients and don't lift or chip at all (you get used to it the more you wear them, I used to hate wearing them!!) :) xx

I have been able to do gel soak off but haven't dared to do acrylics on myself as I know they would turn out awful and I'd be filing forever l

After 10 years I still cannot get to grips with doing my own nails!
I generally change my nail colour weekly to promote accents, art or a new colour. Which is fine with shellac but always struggle if I'm applying acrylics. It takes at least twice as long if I were applying to a client.

I have found painting your right hand first (if you're right handed or vice versa) really helps make them neater! Something to do with the concentration levels!

Latest posts

Back