Painful Shellac removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RB1

Reaction score
Hi geeks, hoping someone can help me.
I have been using cnd shellac for the past 2 years and never had any problem with it. However the past 2-3 times that I have removed it using dsolve I have felt burning underneath the free edge of my nail, not on all nails just a few. I'm always careful with trying to ensure I don't get too much acetone on my skin and just onto my nails. Has anyone else experienced this before?

I've never experienced burning but I do suffer from hard skin around the nail caused by remover, so before I apply the wraps I put some Vaseline on the skin with a cotton bud and that seems to help. Maybe you could try this and see how you get on. Obviously you'll need to make sure you wash it off completely before you carry on with your manicure.

Hi geeks, hoping someone can help me.
I have been using cnd shellac for the past 2 years and never had any problem with it. However the past 2-3 times that I have removed it using dsolve I have felt burning underneath the free edge of my nail, not on all nails just a few. I'm always careful with trying to ensure I don't get too much acetone on my skin and just onto my nails. Has anyone else experienced this before?

Maybe you have a few tiny little cuts/grazes or maybe the free edge has pulled away from the nail bed a little causing this sensation? If it was a reaction to the product it would probably have happened before now & would most likely be in every finger, maybe try the barrier method with Vaseline around the affected area & don't oil before removal x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks geeks, I will give the Vaseline a try and see if that helps x

Latest posts

Back