Pamper evenings/indulgence days

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexandra1984

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Not sure if this is the right place to post? Hope so. I did my first event on Friday night, it was a ladies pamper evening for my sons School. It was a massive success. I did shape and polishes. I thoroughly enjoyed it and want to hold my own event. I was thinking of inviting beauty therapists for make up , threading etc, spray tans, and I would do nails. Also a photographer as I thought about the theme of mothers day( mother and daughter pampering) they can be pampered then have a pro photo taken together. What I need advice on is. Am I allowed to do this? Do I have to be part of an organisation ? O wanted to hire a hall out. Are there any rules or legalities I would have to comply too or can I just organise it and away we go ? I thought it would be a great opportunity for self employed business's , techs and therapists to achieve some advertising and recognition in my area. Your thoughts, advice And opinions will be greatly received, love alex x

Anyone???? Please .x

I have attended something like this in the past, I don't know for sure but depending on where you are holding the event you will have to look at public liability insurance (incase a member of the public trips on a lead), also ensure each individual trades person has their own liability insurance for whatever they are doing, also if you have over a certain amount of people to sqft of space you need to ensure safety exits and emergency lighting are adequate, I had to do this for an evening in my shop.
Hope this helps and is a starting point for you.

Thank you so much for your reply, :) I will look into this. Im really excited! i will make sure all insurances are covered etc. I think it will be fantastic for self employed businesses to network, advertise and get some recogniton, in the recession its the small businesses that suffer and we need to help them... Especially when Giants like tesco are fast taking over ! Plus it will be a nice get together for Mums and daughters xx

Latest posts

Back