Paraffin wax and enhancements

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

annemac

Reaction score
Sorry if this is a stupid question but here goes, I have a client that had her nails done last week by me and on Tuesday she would like me to do a paraffin wax treatment on her, is it OK to do this with enhancement's on. Normally she just has her infills and that's it , this is the first time she has asked me for some thing different and I wanted to make sure it is alright to do, good thing is her hubby heard me saying it was good for the joints and he wants one too.:) Any help greatly appreciated, thanx in advance.

While still in nail school, my instructor said that it wasn't good for the enhancements, however in the real world, I've done it to myself, and to clients who had their nails done before coming to town on their vacation and it didn't harm the work a bit.

I think as long as you don't have any areas that are already lifted you'll be fine as the wax has no where to seep into. The only problem I ever had was the massive annoyance of having to pick it out of the backs of my nails. Hope this helps you.

Shouldn't be a problem to do a parrafin wax dip on a client with enhancements on. To avoid having to 'pick' the wax out of the nails, make sure you apply plenty of moisture lotion (behind the free-edge too) so as to ensure the wax just glides off all in one.:)

Thanx for your replies and taking the time to help. My client will be so pleased and so will i as I haven't had to do much other than enhancement's and standard manicures for a while. xxx

Latest posts

Back