Paraffin wax contraindications

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jasmine Dean

Reaction score
Hi all,

Please can someone refresh me with the contraindications for paraffin wax?

I know you cannot provide paraffin wax treatments for clients who are diabetic, severe eczema/psoriasis or severe cuts & bruises.

Is high/low blood pressure or pregnancy contra indications to paraffin wax treatments? Or anything else I'm missing?

Thanks in advance X

Any condition where the client has loss of sensation

Patients under going chemotherapy and radiation - they need doctor approval prior to that service. They can have increased or decreased sensitivity.

Is it all diabetics that can't have parrafin wax? I'm type 2 and have had it done.

Is it all diabetics that can't have parrafin wax? I'm type 2 and have had it done.

Everyone is unique but the general rule of thumb is that is a no no. Mostly due to loss of sensation the diabetes clients sometimes loose sensitivity in their feet so they can be more prone to burns etc.

Also clients who are quite elderly I find they react badly to paraffin wax heat, Even foot spa you need to only use luke warm to cold water for them with ladies with very veiny legs feet from old age , they sensitivity is a lot higher so they feel it as super super hot and it can be very painful and more likely they make a mess of your parafin machine by kicked whole damn thing over when they scream owch. (Happened once years ago I now don't allow any elderly ladies to have parafin if they have veins in their feet !) cost of the spilled wax was a fortune!

Also client with any foot or hand fungal infections which you would NOT be doing a treatment for anyways but just to throw that in there to avoid doing for them.

Also to note : clients who have very soft nails (hand now) they might find paraffin makes them softer.
You won't believe the crap I have to listen to !
I feel like completely giving up nails and sticking to facials. Google apparently knows more then us professionals ...

Latest posts

Back