Paraffin wax facial

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gee

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I'm just going through my treatment plans and am considering using paraffin wax in my facials...do any of you guys use it? We covered this at college, briefly, but didn't really use it on clients.

I have done a search prior to posting this but threads were from 2006.

Thanks

x

At a salon I worked, they did paraffin wax facials and apparently they are excellent.

Thanks Christine :) I'm guessing from lack of replies that its not a very popular treatment, maybe i'll just stick to using it on hands and feet.

x

If I was doing beauty, I would have them on my service menu x

Like most people I trained in it at college, but have rarely used it since. For a while at a beauty clinic I used to work at we added para wax face masks as an 'upgrade' by placing it on gauze over essential oils. Clients generally enjoyed it, except those who are claustaphobic! You can buy special para wax formulated for use on the face, which you might want to look into.

I learnt about this at college as well but i also did it in manicures and pedicures as part as the luxury treatment! i love this stuff can be a bit messy but i truly think its brilliant. i have found that hardly anyone knows what it is tho, so i would use it, but push it and tell people about it and how good it is.

hope that helps!
much love :hug:
xxxx

I really liked using it. It is warm and comforting for the client and really brightens the skin, particularly for older clients. Just be careful that your client isnt claustraphobic as said above x

Latest posts

Back