Paraffin Wax - Is there a quicker way to heat the wax?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claire-Bear

Reaction score
Hello all,

Can you please help? I want to include paraffin treatments in my manicures and pedicures but my paraffin wax heater takes hours to melt the wax! Is there a quicker way of doing it?

I rent a room at a local hairdressers and considered melting the wax in a microwave but she doesn't have one!! Has anyone tried melting a small amount of wax pelletts in a baine marie (??spelling???) - hope you know what I mean a bit like we were shown to heat oil for manicure services at college?

Any advice would be gratefully received.

hi, i leave my paraffin wax bath plugged in to a timer switch. it comes on an hour before the salon opens, so when a client arrives it is already melted and ready :).
Its the type of switch you would put your lamps on at home? i think its cost effective too because it is set to go off before the salon closes so the paraffin wax is still melted but no electricity is being used.
hope this helps:)

personally i wouldnt recommend heating them in anything other than the parrafin wax heater. you could run the risk of burns etc, and you wouldnt be insured if anything were to happen- its not worth the risk. as the above post suggests, i would get a timer, or turn it on the minute you (or one of the hairdressers if they don't mind) get in the salon.it is designed to have low melting point, and other methods of heating would be too hot- it takes a long tme to cool back down once its too hot.hths

Agreed, not advisable to heat any other way than in a parrafin wax heater.
A timer sounds like the best option

Depending on how many p/treatments a day you are doing - maybe only fill the tub half way - check temp - gets hotter with less wax ] If you need to you can add more.

HtH

XX J XX

I use timers on everything - paraffin wax, room heaters, wax pot etc etc
It means that I can run in the door and start treatments right away.
(Another half hour in bed is definitely worth it.):)

Latest posts

Back