Paraffin wax on feet - how do u do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bella_nails

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have searched threads and cant find what im after. what is your step by steps when doing a paraffin wax on feet? do you file nails, do cuticules, file off the hard skin around heels etc then do you cont with paraffin wax?

Hi All,

I have searched threads and cant find what im after. what is your step by steps when doing a paraffin wax on feet? do you file nails, do cuticules, file off the hard skin around heels etc then do you cont with paraffin wax?
You do all the work up to exfoliant then rinse feet and dry.

Apply moisturiser to feet to relax client and provide a base for wax.

Put enough wax in a litle pot to cover both feet and place in a bowl of hot water to retain heat

Test on your wrist to check temp

Apply to each foot in turn, wrapping with cling film to retain heat and to keep wax in.

Leave for 10-15 mins then pull the cling film off slowly but firmlyto remove wax with it.

Any small bits can be left on feet to massage in with lotion during foot massage

Once finished, squeak nails and move on to polish

Dead easy!!!!

With ITEC we were taught to apply paraffin wax after filing and before cuticle work. Hand cream or oil should be applied before the wax and i use plastic bags rather than cling film. The salon I work in uses the sequence as bella nails suggests - it is a very good sequence although if your client has very tough/difficult cuticles then the ITEC method is useful to help soften them. HTH's Louise x

i was taught to do all your steps first...filing nails, feet etc..and massage as well...the paraffin comes last and i also use small bags and wrap in towels..remove after 10-15 mins clean nails and paint away...hth:)

Latest posts

Back