paraffin wax question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ella

Reaction score
I am considering introducing paraffin wax into my manis & pedis. Can anyone help with a few questions:

How long does the wax take to melt/heat up in the heater. This would be vital as I work mobile so would have to switch it on at the client's house.

I assume that you have to use fresh wax for each client? Do you have to use fresh wax for their feet if you have just done their hands?

Thanks

Hi Ella,

It all depends on the paraffin wax bath you have. I have one which you can immerse your hand or foot in and it takes about 2 hours to melt the wax. There are small beehive shaped heaters which I think melt down alot quicker and then you would paint the wax on.

You dont need to replace the wax each customer. You are sanitizing their hands before going in to the wax and then you throw away the hardened wax from their hands.

If you want to have a more luxurious treatment to go mobile with you would be better with a Spa Mani range including either electric heated mitts or wheat mitts which heat in the microwave.

The last thing you want is hot wax slopping about in the back of your car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back