Paraffin wax treatment?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patricia76

Reaction score
Hi does anyone use paraffin wax with there manicure/ pedicure treatments?

Thanks

I have a deluxe paraffin wax treatment. It's a bit of a pain to heat up, but I still love the results! xx

I offer it,it's a lovely treatment clients love the results :)

I offer it as an add on for mani's or pedi's and my clients love it (especially in this weather) I apply it after the massage, either over masque or over a rich moisturiser then pop hands/feet in paraffin wax bags & then heated booties/mitts :)

Yes! It's been a fave of mine since good old college days! And I agree it's brilliant in this kind of weather :) xx

I love paraffin wax i use it with my manicures and pedicures a very relaxing treatment and i find it helps with my dry skin on my hands! :)

I have a deluxe manicure and pedicure on my service menu which include the paraffin wax therapy. I apply the wax after the nails have been prepared, smoother the area to be treated with a rich moisturising cream and apply the wax, wrap area in a plastic bag and cover with a towel to keep in the heat (heated booties work well also.) Afterwards I carry out the massage using the warm cream that is still on the skin. It's a lovely treatment.

As joeyx said the typical paraffin wax heaters can be a pain to melt as they take FOREVER to melt the wax because of the low temperatures setting they have in order to prevent over heating (paraffin has a low melt point). I however now melt my wax in a spare wax container in a standard wax heater at it's lowest setting. It melts quickly and doesn't overheat although I'm still mindful to check the temperature on myself and the client before slapping it on.

Can ask all you geeks how you apply the wax? I'm doing the brush method but it seems awfully messy.

I always use paraffin wax within maincures/pedicures and my customers love it! never had one complaint, I've had it done myself, and its relaxing, and it does soften feet when the mask is put on beforehand! Its great and I would definitely recommend it!

The only negative is when your heating it up, but if you heat that up first before you set up all what you need for your treatments, then by the time you come to use the paraffin, it will all more or less of melted!

hope this helps!!!
:D

I add it too my luxury manicures/pedicures and put it on to melt as soon as I arrive,clients love the effects of paraffin wax.
I was given a little tip which was to apply the wax on with a ladle ( kitchen ladle)it is a lovely way to apply :)

ive just added it to my treatment menu...ive chocolate wax! and ill be keeping my heater on all day so that if a client wants to add it to their treatment its all ready...we did that in salon and it was great as an upsell treatment x

I bought 'the orb' recently and that seemed fab as you can use such tiny amounts, it stays warm for an hour and looks cool!

However to my mind it was making the paraffin wax too hot - and wouldnt cool as its designed to stay the same temperature for an hour. So I have had to send it back for testing to see if it is faulty.

I have to say using a wax heater seems a really good way on doing this. Then you can have different pots with difference fragrances.

Yaaaay souz where did you get your chocolate paraffin wax?? I so so want this!!

sophie, theres so many places to get it from but mine was a company off ebay, its very sweet smelling but i love it!

I have a lot of clients who love the parrafin wax deluxe treatment too.

Never tried a ladel before, I must give it a go. I have a parrafin heater but it gets too hot so I have to make sure it has cooled before I'm ready to use it.

Can I ask those of you who keep it on all the time to upsell...do you book yourself a little more time with your normal manicures and pedicures so you have the time? Or do you just try and sell it when you know you have a gap? Xx

Sent from my HTC One X+ using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back