Parental consent - how can we be certain?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claire-Bear

Reaction score
Not wishing to open up the whole debate of whether babies/children should have their ears pierced more 'food for thought'.............

This weekend my step-son collected his daughter, Lilly-mae, for his regular weekly access (no longer in a relationship with the mother) and to his horror he discovered that her maternal grandparents had paid for his daughter to have her ears pierced for her 2nd birthday!!! They stated that they had asked her mother and she had agreed.:mad:

Lilly-Mae's mother had wanted to get them pierced whilst my step-son and her were still together and his was insistent that this would not happen until she was old enough to make her own decisions.

He has parental responsibility for his daughter and therefore we feel that his agreement should have been sought. I know this is more of a matter between my step-son and his ex-partner but it does make me think deeper about the whole area of obtaining parental consent for piercings/treatments - how can we be certain that the person giving the consent has full authority to do so!! As I said, just food for thought!!

Claire
Bare Necessities

Latest posts

Back