Parents, what would you do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mobilenailsbfd

Reaction score
Sorry this is long..

Basically 3 years ago my son who was 7 at the time had a fight with a child in his class. My son hit this child and I was angry and delt with it straight away.

Ever since my son has stayed away from this boy and made new friends and has calmed down a lot. The boys family won't let it drop though. They told all the other mums not to talk to me because I was (enter every swear word you can think of here) and they forced me out of being a school governor as they said my child got special treatment (of course he didn't) I've never spoken to this family and don't see why they have a problem with me a this was 3 years ago and I delt with it.

Anyway today my son (my sons now 10) was lining up to go into school and another boy shoved my son into the boy who's family hate me 😞 his grandad came over and told my son if he touches him again he would snap his neck!!! Of course my son was upset but luckily the head saw everything and Knew it was an accident. The grandparent even gave abuse to the head!! He said he would get my son on Monday.

I feel like I've had enough, DP wanted to call the police as an adult did actually threaten my child twice and fears what will happen Monday, I feel like i just want everything to drop and be left alone, if he actually does anything to my son il knock his head off lol.

We have done nothing wrong to this family 😔 what would you do??

Personally I would speak to the head and let him deal with the situation. Hopefully he is the type of head that deals with these situations and won't ignore it.

Tbh the family sounds like a humongous bunch of chavs so I wouldn't worry too much about them telling other parents because usually in these cases you find that is what people think and actually they are probably trying their hardest to avoid them!

Yer the head had 'a word' with the grandad and said if we wanted to take it further with police involvement we had his full backing. I'm not too worried about what they tell others as I think everyone's starting to realise what they are like! I'm more worried about a full grown adult threatening my 10 year old with snapping his neck and saying hel get him on Monday 😳

Think I may have to walk him right to the door as il be worried sending him into the playground on his own 😥

Personally I would let them involve the police. It's really important to show people like him that you will not be intimidated and that its not worth his while to throw his weight around. It will also be reassuring for you and your son to know that he can go to school on monday and feel safe knowing that the police have acted and this bloke would have to be very stupid to do anything when there's police involved.

Which school does your son go to if you dont mind me asking? Is he due to go up to secondary school next time? My daughter had a terrible time at primary school, and we were so worried because generally speaking people say that secondary school is worse, but we needn't have worried. Secondary school was the best thing to happen to her. She got a whole new circle of friends, and sure she had moments when she would fall out with a friend over something and nothing (like girls do) and they'd be friends again the next day, and from about year 9 onwards we didnt have a minutes trouble. I know its not a solution to your sons problems right now but when he moves on to secondary school things will get so much better for him.

Oh god this sounds awful!! Im afraid I'm very hot headed and would have gone and punched the grandad right in the face - although i'm not saying that you should do this lol

I would involve the police, even if to just report what happened - If anything was to happen again then the police will at least have a record of the previous incident. Good luck in sorting it out xx

I would be super careful. I would report to the police and ask if this man has a criminal record at all because threatening a child wouldn't be done by someone who was generally a decent person. I would definitely say to the head to keep an eye on your son just to make sure. Just don't do anything drastic because they sound like the sort of people who would follow you home and beat you up...be careful x

As above said, and walk him to the door saying very loudly as you let him in "if anyone touches or hurts you in any way today we will call the police again and ask to take things further" then as your walking away blow him a kiss.

Be better if you could dress and do your hair like the teacher from balamory with a wicker basket filled with your handbag contents xoxo

What an awful situation to be in! Your poor son, If it was my daughter or son I would find it very hard to control myself but obviously being adults in a playground you have to! I would take him to school on Monday, maybe be 2 or 3 minutes late so you have to walk him to the door instead if he usually walks in alone then explain why and I'm sure they won't mark him late on the register. If that fails maybe you could have a word with the local community police officer? They're very helpful and maybe can arrange to be outside the school conveniently without having to call the police. I'm sure this man who threatens a ten year old would soon change his tune if a police officer was in sight! I hope you find a solution quickly!xx

Things like this really pee me off! Kids fight! Get over it (not you - the other parents). Fighting, arguing and and falling out are all part of growing up, learning how to deal with different people and different situations and learning how and when to control your emotions imo. Bullying, however, is a different matter altogether.

I agree with the above post about involving the police. I would have a word with the local SNT (Safer Neighbourhood Teams), or if you dont have these in your area, then the police officer that is attached to your school (am sure most primary schools have a PC or PCSO attached, that come into school to give talks etc to the pupils). They are probably already aware of this family anyway. Also, ensure the Head Teacher is totally aware of the situation, as they also have to take responsibility for your child whilst you are not there.

Thanks everyone, we spoke to the police and they are going to deal with it on Monday. I'm just so cross as he's done nothin wrong and doesn't deserve this. Saying that no child does naughty or not!

Can't dress as teacher from balamory as don't think green will go with my bright purple and white hair lol. He is due to go to upper school next year thank god just hope this child isn't in his school lol

That's awful. Threatening a child with snapping their neck and saying he will get him on Monday is child abuse in my opinion, even if it was just words. Some people are just vile. I I think you have done the right thing in speaking to the police x

Latest posts

Back