Parlux hairdryers are overrated!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AllanJudge

Reaction score
I've bought a new hairdryer now, NOT a Parlux.

Mine started blowing out cool air, even on the hot setting. I've took the back off and cleaned it, i've played around with the cold shot button... No luck.

I messaged Parlux today, they said to contact the person I bought it off.

It's just not good enough though. This is the 3rd Parlux that's become faulty now. How have they become so reputable?

Sorry Parlux, but you're ****!

[asterisks]

Last edited by a moderator:
I use ghd air very good hairdryer

Mine started blowing out cool air, even on the hot setting. I've took the back off and cleaned it, i've played around with the cold shot button... No luck.

It's just not good enough though. This is the 3rd Parlux that's become faulty now. How have they become so reputable?

[asterisks]

Thought you were getting a Babyliss?

I used to always use Parlux but about a year and a half ago I changed as I felt they didn't seem what they used to be.

I now use Ceriotti it's so powerful lightweight and I love it and half the price of Parlux!

Chris I have got the Babyliss, I said i've got a new hairdryer, NOT a Parlux.
I'm not 100% convinced at the moment but i've only used it a few times. It's gorgeous though and so powerful. The nozzle keeps spinning though and gets HOT.

Are you still loving yours?

Georgia and Mands - I got the Babyliss Italia Brava, it's GOOD but expensive.
Parlux is defo overrated though. I've checked my emails and emailed the seller I bought it off on Ebay 2 years ago. Hopefully they sort it lol.

Chris I have got the Babyliss, I said i've got a new hairdryer, NOT a Parlux.
I'm not 100% convinced at the moment but i've only used it a few times. It's gorgeous though and so powerful. The nozzle keeps spinning though and gets HOT.

Are you still loving yours?

Georgia and Mands - I got the Babyliss Italia Brava, it's GOOD but expensive.
Parlux is defo overrated though. I've checked my emails and emailed the seller I bought it off on Ebay 2 years ago. Hopefully they sort it lol.

Maybe contact Babyliss and get them to send you out a new nozzle. Mine is fine and doesn't spin.

Yes, sill love mine. Much more comfortable for my hands than the parlux and like you say so powerful. Was an excellent buy as has speeded up my blow dries no end.

I've just got a Valera Hairdryer. It's amazing. It had a rotator cord on it so the wire literally never tangles up, which use to be the most frustrating thing ever!!! I've tried the GHD and am not impressed. A few of the stylists at work got them. They've barely lasted 6 months!!

Parlux is very overrated, they're expensive and the most popular model 3200 is not even powerful. You can get a diva or babyliss dryer with the same wattage as the 3200 for half the price.
Not to mention they're customer service is crap, they send you back to who you bought it from but the wholesalers can only offer a 6 month guarantee because it's "for professional use" and is used much more than a personal dryer. When I returned mine they said parlux had now become very fussy and barely ever accept responsibility for dryers that don't even last so I got a diva veloce.

I love my Parlux although it is noisy. VERY noisy!! I tend to need to replace every three years but touch wood, haven't had any problems.

I love my babyliss as it is super powerful. I have this one
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1445866863.488309.jpg

and in our salon we blast dry to 80% and then use the round brushes it helps a lot in keeping appointments in time. I never use the nozzle as I rather not focus the heat on the hair and set it with the brushes. I fear nozzles as it evaporates the water too quickly imo

Aw thank you for the recommendations.
I've got the Babyliss italia brava and love it now, i'm just pee'd off about yet another Parlux breaking on me.

How much would it be to get it fixed?

[asterisks]
I have always used Parlux but have noticed a drier bought recently is flimsy and feels so cheap, for the price I'll be looking elsewhere next time!

I have the VELECTRA PARAMOUNT ENVY ONYX........
Best dryer so far :D

I love my babyliss as it is super powerful. I have this one View attachment 191516
and in our salon we blast dry to 80% and then use the round brushes it helps a lot in keeping appointments in time. I never use the nozzle as I rather not focus the heat on the hair and set it with the brushes. I fear nozzles as it evaporates the water too quickly imo

I went on a brooks&brooks course few years back and the guys over to do the training said the salon doesn't use nozzles for any blow drying.

I agree ! I had a parlux and i wasnt impressed - i have a GHD air now and i must say its much better than parlux so yeah im thinking they are overrated too

So glad ive seen this post, i was going to buy one on VATfree next week

Latest posts

Back